• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest from ASA/XJT JNC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You could have a TA that has slight improvements on the ASA side with slight concessions on the XJT side which would probably pass. The XJT side has burned a lot of bridges with the ASA side and it is really their fault we are in this spot. Frankly, I don't care what they think.

You could have a TA that has slight improvements on the ASA side with slight concessions on the XJT side which would probably pass. The XJT side has burned a lot of bridges with the ASA side and it is really their fault we are in this spot. Frankly, I don't care what they think.

^^^ding!ding!ding!

and why the HELL would the weakest leak in the Inc. chain deserve or think they won't have to concede ANYTHING?

This airline is stuck in a loop. We don't have the money we need to improve our operational performance and we leave money on the table because our performance is so poor.

Dangling the carrot of more airplanes is no longer the panacea it once was. For the last several years the only way to create movement was more airplanes but soon that will not be the case. Going forward, movement will be created externally by legacy carriers hiring. I could care less if more airplanes come on property... Let the contract stay unchanged.

This airline is stuck in a loop. We don't have the money we need to improve our operational performance and we leave money on the table because our performance is so poor.

That's correct. We also don't have the brainpower in the G.O., more importantly.

Hire some German efficiency experts to clean house over there.

^^^ding!ding!ding!

and why the HELL would the weakest leak in the Inc. chain deserve or think they won't have to concede ANYTHING?

Because by shear numbers their vote counts the most. All lasa or sapa can do is whine. Lxjt can make their case with their vote, which I hope brings improvements for all of us, which is more than the lasa mec or sapa boys club want to do.

LXJT is not the weakest link, that would be LASA with their super senior captains making over $100/hr and super low (soon to be even lower) rates from Delta. You can thank the JoeMerchants for taking too much of the pie while demanding the rest of us need to take concessions. The ASA contract is so skewed towards the top 10% its ridiculous. I've been saying it for years, how about the lifers take huge cuts and the rest of us get a raise, that way everybody wins. The company saves money, I get a raise, and the lifers get a place to work until the next round of bar lowering by Endeavor or GoJets.

LXJT is not the weakest link, that would be LASA with their super senior captains making over $100/hr and super low (soon to be even lower) rates from Delta. You can thank the JoeMerchants for taking too much of the pie while demanding the rest of us need to take concessions. The ASA contract is so skewed towards the top 10% its ridiculous. I've been saying it for years, how about the lifers take huge cuts and the rest of us get a raise, that way everybody wins. The company saves money, I get a raise, and the lifers get a place to work until the next round of bar lowering by Endeavor or GoJets.

I'm on board with that. Unfortunately, it's the lifers who wind up on the MEC

LXJT is not the weakest link, that would be LASA with their super senior captains making over $100/hr and super low (soon to be even lower) rates from Delta. You can thank the JoeMerchants for taking too much of the pie while demanding the rest of us need to take concessions. The ASA contract is so skewed towards the top 10% its ridiculous.

That's the way it is in every facet of every business.

Do something worthwhile and go to law school. Then find out you do all the work making 75k while the partners collect 750K whist playing golf.

Your mother probably made sure you got lots of participation trophies when you were little. Oh wait, she probably still does.

Last edited:
That's the way it is in every facet of every business.

Do something worthwhile and go to law school. Then find out you do all the work making 75k while the partners collect 750K whist playing golf.

Your mother probably made sure you got lots of participation trophies when you were little. Oh wait, she probably still does.

That's when you hang out at the law firm for a few years making the measly pay whilst collecting the partner's dirty laundry and closet skeletons then turn around and demand 350k/yr in blackmail to keep them out of jail. If they tell you to pound sand, you sell their secrets to the highest paying competitor and make bank.

That's how you get ahead in this country. Welcome to the new norm.

Latest resources

Back