• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest from ASA/XJT JNC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The problem with the Regionals is this....they have zero control over their revenue. Most businesses can (attempt) to increase revenue when costs rise. Ours cannot. Our overlords force lower wages on our companies, there is competition, whip saw, etc. the only way a company CAN survive this is to (attempt to) lower costs. All this talk of inflation and our worth is total nonsense (to them). Delta says this is what you get to operate the flight, take it or leave it. Management has to take this rate or lose the flying. They realize that they can't stay afloat with that income. We all know they coulda, woulda or shoulda not taken that deal if they can't afford it, but we'd end up in the same place in the end. The majors (Delta) won this war, with the tactics they use. The regionals have lost. Now, before you think I'm for us taking cuts.....NO WAY! I am a solid NO vote on anything that decreases my pay and compensation in any way! I'm out, done! I work for not one cent less, as my hours will be cut drastically due to FT/DT rules and the insane increases coming to our health care costs. (See....affordable health care act). If a company cannot be profitable AND properly compensate their employees THEY NEED TO GO OUT OF BUSINESS! All these emotional responses to our leverage and worth and inflation is going to get us nowhere. They can't afford it, (see, rate reset) unless we think cutting in other places can save us. Maybe so, maybe not. But we need to stand our ground and expect the outcome to be the end of our company. The thinking that they can't find anyone to replace us is silly, because I think the Majors want less regional feed anyway, and they bet there are enough out there to work for peanuts again to replace us.

The next carrot will be a number at a Major in return for massive cuts. Usairways is already planning that.

A business that has no control of their revenue cannot survive! It is a failed and flawed business model that needs to go away.

Good post, someone gets it

Here's my message boy. Company got no ability to increase income. Labor more expensive, more than company gonna have. Ain't taking less. Company needs to go under or find another way to do business. Inflation, staffing and worth don't matter.

Your video was stupid and not sure what it had to do with anything.

Here's my message boy. Company got no ability to increase income. Labor more expensive, more than company gonna have. Ain't taking less. Company needs to go under or find another way to do business. Inflation, staffing and worth don't matter.

Your video was stupid and not sure what it had to do with anything.

But you said you are voting No to concessions. Is that true, or is that pretend? Ya know, divisive in nature, meant to affect an outcome?

But you said you are voting No to concessions. Is that true, or is that pretend? Ya know, divisive in nature, meant to affect an outcome?

As I stated, I will not vote for ANY reduction to my compensation. I believe if this is the game - controlling costs on the backs of your hard working employees because you cannot increase income - then the Regionals need to shut down. We can't get more, or the same - they can't pay us more. If delta values us at all, then pay more. But I, personally won't play this game any longer. But don't be a fool, that is the game.

As I stated, I will not vote for ANY reduction to my compensation. I believe if this is the game - controlling costs on the backs of your hard working employees because you cannot increase income - then the Regionals need to shut down. We can't get more, or the same - they can't pay us more. If delta values us at all, then pay more. But I, personally won't play this game any longer. But don't be a fool, that is the game.

Peace out

Latest resources

Back