• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest from ASA/XJT JNC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I gotta get in on this shiz. I'm not one to complain much. I do my job, go home and expect to get compensated fairly for it. These concessions they are asking for is just complete BS! They gotta be out of their F^(KING minds to ask us to make less and be treated and worked the way we are just so we can get new flying and bigger jets. Hey MGMNT why don't you take those large jets and shove em up your ace! Last time I checked, Republic didn't take any concessions to get all of that flying for American. I'll be damned if I do a single day on reserve for less then what I'm making now! If they honestly want concessions that bad then BH's pay should be knocked down as well. That chart with their income is mind numbingly irritating to look at given the circumstances.

This line from Goodfellas explains how I feel now

http://youtu.be/cP_GOoBPKfQ

Last edited:
They love to stall, delay and drag their feet when it benefits them, now it's our turn. The longer the wait to get this done, the better the contract will have to be to keep current pilots and attract any new ones in a shrinking supply of qualified applicants.

Not a chance in hell I'll vote for any concessions, time to hold the line, especially since management has seen fit to give themselves raises.

THIS

if they even sniff at rigs its a F no! I am over them negotiating jacked up agreements with Delta, United, then come tell us we have to pay for it when they do dumb sh!t over and over. I swear to all that is holy i cannot wrap my brain around the sheer incompetence displayed on a regular basis from BH, SH, CT, etc. I used to think i just didn't have access to data and that they were doing a decent job, but good lord I was wrong. These guys are just not that bright

Last edited:
here is what I expect, anything less is a "NO VOTE".

-FULL RESTORATION OF FRAGMENTAION POLICY (because SKYW pilots aren't going to support us.)
-5 hour min day.
-trip/duty rig based on actual.
-1 week vacation year 1, 2 year two, 3 year 5, 4 year 10(like the rest of the US)
-12 days off min every month for all pilots.
-alternate deadhead without approval (we're grown ups)
-eliminate occurrences (we're not hoodlums)
-eliminate duty in (we're grown ups)
-no call for release on reserve (we're grown ups)
-simple do-fly/don't fly list for reserves
-immediate notification and release or reassignment for cancellations
-evenly split pairing length between 1,2,3 and 4 days
-75 hours min every month, no moving window
-all days off hard
-no floating days off on reserve
-single day off requires additional day off for reserves
-hotel required in domicile when overnight cancellation
-FULL RESTORATION OF FRAGMENTATION POLICY
-specific formula for reserve coverage, not whim of Skd supv.
And of course, No loose language!

Not only am I not willing to give up anything, I want major improvements since mgmt is not willing to clean up the catastrophe they KNOW exists in the OCC. If we are going to be pushed and brow beaten by middle managers who can't find their butts with both hands then we need as much major contractual relief and improvement as possible in exchange for the hassle and misery.

Last edited:
So funny. This is how Mesaba/Pinnacle threads were as well. Everyone is all up in arms saying there is no way they will vote yes...until your hand is forced and you vote yes or lose your job/airplanes. Good luck guys. I hope I am wrong.

The difference is they do this to us every time, we have always held out.

The difference is they do this to us every time, we have always held out.

remember, they don't even need 50% of the pilots... they just need 50.01% of the pilots that VOTE. believe it or not, they already have a really good idea of the percentage of pilots that will actually vote and are structuring it to appeal to 50.01 of them. No different than a political election. If they go mostly after lxjt soft costs, B fund, etc, then it would mostly likely pass. not saying I agree, just making a point

So funny. This is how Mesaba/Pinnacle threads were as well. Everyone is all up in arms saying there is no way they will vote yes...until your hand is forced and you vote yes or lose your job/airplanes. Good luck guys. I hope I am wrong.

You're already wrong. The pinnacle dooshers weren't up in arms at all. I remember one guy remarking on "how lean the company will be after the new concessionary contract" to gain more flying. What a bunch of turds.

This is way different than Comair. We will become a highly efficient single fleet airline that will be very lean and mean and difficult to compete with.

Reference the above if you have any questions about that group.

Don't forget, 85% think the way this guy does.

I'm voting No, and that's about it.

If they want to "force" us into concessions by declaring bankruptcy, then great. Let's go there. NOW.

(edited for content. I'm over the initial shock of re-reading that.)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back