• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest from ASA/XJT JNC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
5 years ago dual qualification was described by management as a 7% cost differential between Skywest and ASA. I'm sure they are gonna want dual qualification. L/XJTS disability payment structure has been an area of interest also. Of course they are going to want vacation low back too.

So we have to take one of two PBS both with faults, $2 override the our MEC set up without a vote, give up who knows what else with a Co that has only had a few losing 1/4s in it's history? The MEC hasn't said jack in the past two years and now they start to send brief threats like at look at CMR etc. How much has the union spent on steaks and beer, hotels, flight pay loss for their 120 hours credit each month, meetings all on our dues and the Co money?

CEOs taking pay raises? Lack of pilots coming up... FTDT kicks in JAN1...lets wait and see how bad they try and screw us with the new rules....Big fat NO vote is in order. But I can't wait to see the unions song and dance of how we need to give up everything we ever gained cause Jerry will kill us....where are they going to find the pilots?

I'll stay in the right seat and keep what we have before giving up a penny in any area of the contract.

Cancellation pay? Really??????

So you may not make your mortgage during winter or summer.

5 years ago dual qualification was described by management as a 7% cost differential between Skywest and ASA. I'm sure they are gonna want dual qualification. L/XJTS disability payment structure has been an area of interest also. Of course they are going to want vacation low back too.

More specifically, dual qual with everyone's base pay set the lowest rate. You only make the override rate when your butt is in the seat. Call in sick? Base rate. Vacation? Base rate. Under guarantee? Base rate. Etc.

I think the company wants to rid the contract of things such as cancellation pay, duty-rigs, etc.. Not actually pay rate cuts. If this is true, what's the consensus?

I didn't hear about cancellation pay but I did hear about getting rid of the rig, and min day pay, and sick accrual, and B fund, and health benefits.

I will vote no to ANY concession.

More specifically, dual qual with everyone's base pay set the lowest rate. You only make the override rate when your butt is in the seat. Call in sick? Base rate. Vacation? Base rate. Under guarantee? Base rate. Etc.

FYI, in our contract, only the 45 most junior captains are paid the 135 rate for everything. But when they fly the 145, they get 145 pay. Assuming of course they are not on reserve or if they are, they break guarantee. Everyone else gets 145 pay for everything regardless of what they fly. I'm sure they want to get rid of that little bit also.

Last edited:
Good to see the company has found a way to get both sides on the same page, however it's the page to vote no which I'm sure they didn't intend. No way are we taking a thing less than we currently have with salaries doubling in the GO.

They love to stall, delay and drag their feet when it benefits them, now it's our turn. The longer the wait to get this done, the better the contract will have to be to keep current pilots and attract any new ones in a shrinking supply of qualified applicants.

Not a chance in hell I'll vote for any concessions, time to hold the line, especially since management has seen fit to give themselves raises.

Latest resources

Back