• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest DL rumors and upgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone on 2nd year pay and beyond would reach their 401c limits under those circumstances, in which case the funds would be paid directly into regular pay.

So 31% total company funded retirement in 2014?!?

The delta profit sharing isn't a retirement contribution. It's straight W-2 earnings. You can make elective 401k contributions from it, just like any other income, or you can just take the cash. They do make a 15% DC plan contribution on top of the PS money, so if your ps check is 10000, you get the 10k and you get an additional 1500 into the retirement plan.

The arrogance of the Southwest tools to point out how many legs somebody flies....

Brass set.....

Brass set? Please Bill. I've seen the narrowbody Delta lines. The bottom line is they blow, especially with no rig. You can spin that however you like.

How about the hypocrisy of Genny touting upgrades, but he sure as hell isn't wading into that nasty schedule (if he where a DL pilot to begin with). The difference between international and domestic at DL is pretty stark. Just look at how junior a narrowbody upgrade goes. Says it all.

I honestly hope Delta makes some headway on the work rules/rigs. Pay looks good. Stability looks good. Retirement is good. Excellent place to be except for those narrowbody domestic lines. I imagine DALPA should be able to make some progress there.

Brass set? Please Bill. I've seen the narrowbody Delta lines. The bottom line is they blow, especially with no rig. You can spin that however you like.

How about the hypocrisy of Genny touting upgrades, but he sure as hell isn't wading into that nasty schedule (if he where a DL pilot to begin with). The difference between international and domestic at DL is pretty stark. Just look at how junior a narrowbody upgrade goes. Says it all.

I honestly hope Delta makes some headway on the work rules/rigs. Pay looks good. Stability looks good. Retirement is good. Excellent place to be except for those narrowbody domestic lines. I imagine DALPA should be able to make some progress there.

Red,

I will bid Capt when I can make more money than I do now as an FO. Being senior in category currently means greenslips, go where I want, and get weekends and holidays off. I also am willing to fly the 737 next (73N in DL speak), and I'd rather not fly some of the other fleets. That doesn't mean they are worse, I'd rather stick with a Boeing, and I'm pretty close in ATL. Many guys who start on the MD88 probably like it. That's called variety Red, or choice. Look it up. It's like you choosing between Midland, Amarillo, and Islip layovers.

But thanks for caring Red. The min day average will be 5:15 per day starting Nov 1st, which is a huge improvement over current trips, especially on the domestic side. Things have gotten a lot better, and with approx $4 billion in profits this year estimated (prob higher due to lowering gas prices), profit sharing and a new contract, next year looks great so far. I hope GK is willing to give you guys raises for your multiple leg days, but after reading recent articles, that may not be the case. Good luck and enjoy Midland.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Notice I started this thread with just DL info and rumors, nothing about SWA at all. I wasn't negative at all. Then jealous Red and Jonny Juan came in to add their nonsense.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Then jealous Red and Jonny Juan came in to add their nonsense.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Jealous? Dude, you are clinically insane if you believe that.

Jealous of 3 hour sits? Double breasted sub commander jackets? Flying 4 days and only taking home 20 of pay?

I'm glad Delta is doing well. It helps the industry. I had to bail on the stock though, it was sinking like the Sub Commander calling 'full depth'. I'll keep an eye on getting back in when things stabilize. Until then...

Full Steam Ahead Genny!

Latest resources

Back