LASA WTF Now?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Freebrd

now we have to mop behind dsp/mtc on clearing MELs, anyone else's job you want us to do (just betching cause May schd sucks)

now we have to mop behind dsp/mtc on clearing MELs, anyone else's job you want us to do (just betching cause May schd sucks)

We've been doing that already for years. Now they have a way to make sure we only do it once instead of having an improper release on every following flight. That sounds like an improvement to me, but rant away.

I agree with 99.97% of your postings, but in this case this is our job. We still have crews departing with open write ups, as recent as within the month let alone MEL clearings. It would certainly be advantageous to ensure the paperwork is complete. Screw on time. It takes what it takes to dot the I's and cross the t's. As you ASA guys know, I do a bunch of MEL and safety stuff and working on about 15 different issues to try and make life better and more efficient and I will continue to do so, however there are some, as a result of the merger, were simply a set of lips looking for an a** to kiss and thus they are in their current position.

I'm not taking a company or labor stance here, however, I'm taking the stance that we do our jobs, ensure the paperwork is correct, the jet is flyable, the fa's are set up to do their jobs and that takes however long it takes. That, is by the book and that is all that is asked of us in actuality. Rushing, leads to mistakes and to use the industry and more particularly company focus, we emphasize threat and error management to ensure that we trap any and all errors. Take the extra time, and ensure we do what is within our job descriptions.

Bl

We've been doing that already for years. Now they have a way to make sure we only do it once instead of having an improper release on every following flight. That sounds like an improvement to me, but rant away.

It surely is an improvement. Now how about someone in the GO actually do what they're supposed to do and not be in this situation in the first place.

When did this company begin operations? 1979? Three and a half decades and the GO still can't figure out how to dispatch an airplane.

I've said it many times- we do everyone else's job and and still remain the only accountable group.

That aint just the CRJ side, we got the message on the ERJ side too. I flew an airplane that I cleared the MEL off the ***************k(which had been signed off like 2 days prior) and then 3 days later back in the same airplane AND THE MEL WAS STILL on the ***************k. The DX wouldnt clear it(after explaining I cleared it 3 days ago) and send me over to MTC to get it cleared in their system.

I dont think this is a DX issue, its a MTC issue.

But the message was a bit dumb since that is exactly what we already do and have done for the 7 years I have been here.

That aint just the CRJ side, we got the message on the ERJ side too. I flew an airplane that I cleared the MEL off the ***************k(which had been signed off like 2 days prior) and then 3 days later back in the same airplane AND THE MEL WAS STILL on the ***************k. The DX wouldnt clear it(after explaining I cleared it 3 days ago) and send me over to MTC to get it cleared in their system.

But the message was a bit dumb since that is exactly what we already do and have done for the 7 years I have been here.

Agree a worthless memo, someone justifying their job as usual......

Not to mention the fact this seems to be an L-ASA issue, because during the L-XJT days, the MEL (if we even had any compared to the tons we have now after the merger) was pretty much instantly cleared, whereas now it's a 50/50. With that being said, in the end, it is the responsibility of the captain, so if something were to happen, it would come back on the flight crew and not the company.

FYI...don't bother calling DX first, just dial the MX desk and have them clear it out because DX will not touch it until it's cleared out of the system by MX. Just a heads up, if DX does clear it for you, rest assured that it will show back up again on the next flight, and so forth. If MX clears it, it will clear out of the system.

Latest resources

Back