• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Land here no way it's illegal!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree with the idea of taking one of those hotels out for the sake of humanity. There was a roach on the celieg of the hotel that was as big as my hand.

The beach has pretty much disappeared in Galveston. I just find the law a little strange. I really think there should have been some type of emergency clause, other wise someone that has a real emergncy might get charged (we have all heard of the robber getting injuried then sueing his victem).

The beach airport in Washington is Copalis Beach State Airport (S16). It's a state run airport that's really just a stretch of beach with a windsock on it, 4500 ft x 150 ft. It's just north of Ocean Shores and is open (usually) from June through September. Not much to do there, but the clam digging is great.

HAL

Other dumb laws in Galveston, TX

It is illegal to drive a motor car down Broadway before noon on Sundays.

Law: No person shall inhale fumes from model glue.
State: Texas
City: Galveston

Citation: Sec. 24-2. Model glue.

(a) As used in this section the term "model glue" shall mean any glue or cement of the type commonly used in the building of model airplanes, boats, and automobiles, containing toluene, acetone, or other solvent or chemical having the property of releasing toxic vapors.

(b) No person shall, for the purpose of causing a condition of intoxication, euphoria, excitement, exhilaration, stupefaction, or dulling of the senses or nervous system, intentionally smell or inhale the fumes from any model glue.

(c) The provisions of subsection (b) shall not apply to the inhalation of any anesthesia for medical or dental purposes, if such inhalation is caused by or administered by any licensed doctor, physician, dentist, anesthesiologist, or other licensed person engaging in the medical or dental profession.

(Code 1960, §§ 14-16, 14-17)

Law: Any person who sits on a sidewalk may be fined up to $500.
State: Texas
City: Galveston

Citation: Sec. 24-17. Impeding sidewalk.

It shall be unlawful for a person to stand or sit on a city sidewalk or city right-of-way so as to impede, physically or by intimidation, free and uninterrupted pedestrian passage. A violation of this section shall be a class C misdemeanor and upon conviction shall be punishable by a fine not to exceed five hundred dollars ($500.00).

(Ord. No. 97-104, § 2, 12-11-97)

dumblaws.com

Last edited:
One more note on Copalis....

It's not actually on Copalis Beach. Don't make my mistake....it costs lots and lots of money if you dig on the wrong beach :)

If you've never been there, good luck finding it. It looks like any other beach (minus the girls in bikinis). Watch out for the rednecks drinking on a weekend evening :D

Latest resources

Back