Kenn Ricci Is Not The Problem

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OK how do you know?

And while you're at it can you please address the accusations of inadequacy lobbed toward the 1108 in consideration of your pilots groups switch to NJASAP?

Thanks.

I know because, for years, NJA management attempted to increase workload, decrease rest, reduced QOL etc. The ONLY reason the pilot group was able to secure QOL improvements, pay increases, 100 crew bases, 4 weeks of vacation, the ability to "fatigue" without repercussions, legitimate protection from unjust discipline, legal representation for disciplinary action from management, etc. is because of the Union. None of these things would have happened without the Union.

When we were represented by 1108, we were fairly small. As we grew, the local was inadequate to handle our size and really weren't familiar with aviation. I don't know what the situation is there now. HOWEVER, we did NOT decertify 1108!!! We just changed representation to our own, in house Union, NJASAP. It hasn't been easy. If you knew me, you'd know that I am often critical of our Union. But I'm critical because I want it to always be better. We've had our ups and downs in regard to Union leadership teams. But it's gotten much, much better over time as the Union leadership learned and the pilot group grew. And it was always better to have some representation than none.

If you want different Union leadership, like we did years ago, you can change leadership without decertifying. If you decertify, you have to organize and hold another Union drive, essentially beginning all over again. Disaster.

Actually NJ helped form the 1108. They changed from their local that was small and didn't really understand what was going on. 1108 helped them get their first big contract. Later they decided to keep the 22 percent that went to national Teamsters and formed their own in house union BUT they had 2500 members not 500 like we have.

No I'm pretty sure a Kenn Ricci and his leadership style is the problem. He fired one of his best friends without the blink of an eye for questioning one of his decisions. It's human nature; when other managers see something like that happen they hunker down and CYA. He has such a fanatical fan base born out of some twisted version of Stockholm syndrome I'm convinced the guys up in CGF (and the Waterview) would slap their momma if they thought Kenn wanted them to.

I have to admit, when I saw the headlines that a billionaire died in Mexican resort town this weekend I thought maybe I had jumped ship too soon.

No I'm pretty sure a Kenn Ricci and his leadership style is the problem. He fired one of his best friends without the blink of an eye for questioning one of his decisions. It's human nature; when other managers see something like that happen they hunker down and CYA. He has such a fanatical fan base born out of some twisted version of Stockholm syndrome I'm convinced the guys up in CGF (and the Waterview) would slap their momma if they thought Kenn wanted them to.

I have to admit, when I saw the headlines that a billionaire died in Mexican resort town this weekend I thought maybe I had jumped ship too soon.

Sorry, man, but I have to disagree with you. Kenn Ricci is a symptom of a greater problem and that problem is a group of pilots who've lacked cohesion since day one and who've grown so accustomed to singing for their supper that they can't imagine life any other way. Why this was the case at 'Flex is something I still puzzle over after almost two years gone and I wish I knew the answer.

Flexjet was and remains an aberration and the longer you're away from it the more you come to realize it. Flexjet pilots had ample warning of what the future held well before the 2013 buyout yet continued to cling to the myth that things would be rosy moving forward because the things that applied everywhere else and to other pilots somehow didn't apply to them.

I'm glad to see that you've moved on and I wish more 'Flex and Options guys and gals would do just that. The best revenge you can hope for against someone as debased as Kenn Ricci and his cast of freaks is to just walk away.

Momo are you still sure Kenn Ricci is not the problem after reading his response to the union's request to meet?

Whether or not it was personally written to an individual, the union represents all of us. That letter shows to a T exactly where he thinks the hierarchy of the relationship is. King Kenn high on a mountain and pilots in a ditch at its base.

Did you catch the last part where he lets the cat out of the bag he feels we need to be humbled for daring to get a fair contract? After years of relentless attack, millions of dollars and now intrusion by some national political campaign it is no wonder we are having this vote. He is getting what he paid for. It is not a reflection on pilots or union leadership. It is a testament to the fact his ego can never be wrong no matter how much it costs.

I would like to ask why he has not been humbled by now 3 consecutive campaigns where a majority of his own pilots are telling him his leadership style sucks and his ideas don't work?

You should be offended by that letter every but as much as it it were written to you personally. Lastly, I gotta give props to the union's response. Class act.

Ricci is a devious CEO. He will oil the squeaky wheels to make as many FOK as he can for this vote. If the decert drive fails he will reduce the FOK dramatically and all the promises will disappear. Back to the old familiar days of being screwed over except WITH A UNION. As has been said before, every attempt of his way of running a business has always resulted in a union being voted in. He will still use the same tactics if he lives to be a 100 years old. They say live and learn, he just leaves out the latter part.

All the decert guys will get what they deserve if the vote fail- miserable work rules and stuck working for the scourge of aviation. Will feel bad for the guys who see the light if the union goes away.

Latest resources

Back