Kenn Ricci Is Not The Problem

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MOMOMOJO

It's not the time to be silent. A little information we need to all consider.

From a trusted source:

- all of the 604 flight attendants are being fired

- the manager who called to inform the crews of the decision admitted because the FA's don't have a CBA they can do whatever they want

- same manager also told them we are severely understaffed and delaying 350 deliveries because we can't staff them (so much for the Red Label waiting list)

- despite all the spin we are having a hard time getting qualified candidates and are losing pilots faster than we can hire and definitely faster than we can train

And the most concerning:

- some pilots are being given random casual assurances no matter what happens, because they sent in a card they will be protected. How does management know who sent in cards? Or are they fishing for reactions to gauge who did and who didn't? Why would a pilot believe such an assurance when the mention of it breaks the law? That's like hiring a child molester to babysit.

Something about this drive if off. Something about this management team is off. I respect the fact Mr. Ricci provides me a job and signs my paycheck but it seems there is more to worry about than Mr. Ricci's word. He runs a huge multinational corporation. He will not always have the time to be so personally invested in the details of Flexjet.

I'm sorry but I will not trust the rest of my career to the whims of a very unprofessional and disjointed management system without a union. Once Mr. Ricci steps in to fire or correct bad management, who knows who might be in charge tommorow. We all complain to each other on the road about the constant barrage of fractious communication, the rolling 10/24's, the crew rots, the exploitation of the contract. Management flaunts it simply to blame on the union but we are the ones getting hurt in the bitter fight.

Regardless of the lack of progress on negotiations, right now it looks 100% the only side actively hurting us is management.

I will be voting to keep the union we have. It might not be perfect but in a way we are the ones to blame for it's weakness. How can we vote to get rid of them when we never really gave them a shot?

Was there anyone who didn't think frank would turn over the names of everyone who signed a card to management? He has been keeping them in the loop and they have been giving him our personal contact info since day one. I know several new hires who received cards before they were out of indoc.

And yes, the FAs are all gone as of April 15. One of the jims was calling 604 pilots to do damage control. He told us "come on, you all knew this was coming". What happened to Rick's famous "guys, nothing is going to change!"

Last edited:
Man, that sucks. That was my old fleet and it's sad to see those gals kicked to the curb. Sad, but not surprising.

What is surprising is the number of people I flew with back in the day who are still hanging on there. People with the experience and qualifications and years left to get the hell out of that abysmal aviation backwater and be money ahead if they only made the least amount of effort. People whom I would gladly chime in for in any way I could.

I know moving on isn't in the cards for everybody and I don't mean to sound cavalier or condescending but for those of you who can make a move do it NOW! Leave the compound before it burns to the ground! It's better on the outside, it really is.

A Union is crucial to the quality of a pilot’s life.

It's not the time to be silent. A little information we need to all consider.

From a trusted source:

- all of the 604 flight attendants are being fired

- the manager who called to inform the crews of the decision admitted because the FA's don't have a CBA they can do whatever they want

- same manager also told them we are severely understaffed and delaying 350 deliveries because we can't staff them (so much for the Red Label waiting list)

- despite all the spin we are having a hard time getting qualified candidates and are losing pilots faster than we can hire and definitely faster than we can train

And the most concerning:

- some pilots are being given random casual assurances no matter what happens, because they sent in a card they will be protected. How does management know who sent in cards? Or are they fishing for reactions to gauge who did and who didn't? Why would a pilot believe such an assurance when the mention of it breaks the law? That's like hiring a child molester to babysit.

Something about this drive if off. Something about this management team is off. I respect the fact Mr. Ricci provides me a job and signs my paycheck but it seems there is more to worry about than Mr. Ricci's word. He runs a huge multinational corporation. He will not always have the time to be so personally invested in the details of Flexjet.

I'm sorry but I will not trust the rest of my career to the whims of a very unprofessional and disjointed management system without a union. Once Mr. Ricci steps in to fire or correct bad management, who knows who might be in charge tommorow. We all complain to each other on the road about the constant barrage of fractious communication, the rolling 10/24's, the crew rots, the exploitation of the contract. Management flaunts it simply to blame on the union but we are the ones getting hurt in the bitter fight.

Regardless of the lack of progress on negotiations, right now it looks 100% the only side actively hurting us is management.

I will be voting to keep the union we have. It might not be perfect but in a way we are the ones to blame for it's weakness. How can we vote to get rid of them when we never really gave them a shot?

Agreed.
Decertification is management’s dream come true. Pilots are strong together, not separated by management’s pick and choose approach.
A strong Union is created by the unity and strength of the pilot group. Work and patience is required to build a union and union leadership that you can be proud of.

Vote to keep the union

You need it if you want to get = pay and benefits with other pilots in the fractional business

This is an excerpt from “Confessions of a Union Buster by Martin J Levitt. I think it pretty much sums up what is going on right now at OneSky.

Union busting is a field populated by bullies and built on deceit. A campaign against a union is an assault on individuals and a war on the truth. As such, it is a war without honor. The only way to bust a union is to lie, distort, manipulate, threaten, and always, always attack. The law does not hamper the process. Rather, it serves to suggest maneuvers and define strategies. Each "union prevention" campaign, as the wars are called, turns on a combined strategy of disinformation and personal assaults.

When a chief executive hires a labor relations consultant to battle a union, he gives the consultant run of the company and closes his eyes. The consultant, backed by attorneys, installs himself in the corporate offices and goes to work creating a climate of terror that inevitably is blamed on the union.

Sound familiar?

Just a note: if Onesky decides they don't like you in the Red label program they will put you on the Phenom. That is a sure way to get rid of someone. You need a union to stop these bully tactics from happening.

Vote to keep 1108 or you'll definitely regret it. I've seen this non-union train wreck. Policies literally change overnight without a union, and the change is always something a little worse.
Stick together pilots, make 1108 work for you don't believe anything the snake oil salesman tells you.

As a long time NJA pilot, I wholeheartedly agree with the above. If you decertify, you are in trouble. Your working conditions will deteriorate, your pay will be at the whims of management, favoritism will run rampant, you'll be constantly afraid of losing your job, etc. etc. Building a strong union takes years. Once you vote NOT to decertify, a message will be sent to KR that he must play ball. He'll still fight. But long term, the ball will slowly rolll into your court. Ask me how I know.

OK how do you know?

And while you're at it can you please address the accusations of inadequacy lobbed toward the 1108 in consideration of your pilots groups switch to NJASAP?

Thanks.

Latest resources

Back