• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

gutshotdraw

ZERT Wilson CQB User
To all NJA furloughs planning on returning:

Keep the faith guys and gals. The tide is turning.

Just this week, two more pilots announced openly on the boards they are leaving for other employment, and another announced his retirement.

In my fleet this week, one senior PIC retired and one sub-300 seniority PIC resigned for another job. Three more senior PIC's will retire before March and two junior PIC's are accepting airline recall before spring.

And those are just the ones I KNOW about. Resumes are flying and the number of job postings for airline, charter, and corporate are rising steadily. I expect attrition this year to be much higher than last.

The company will be VERY reluctant to recall prior to a new contract because it portrays weakness during negotiations and eliminates a bargaining chip. Nevertheless, I think this year's attrition might leave them with no choice.

Hang in there. We'll have RED lanyards waiting for you.

To all NJA furloughs planning on returning:

Keep the faith guys and gals. The tide is turning.

Just this week, two more pilots announced openly on the boards they are leaving for other employment, and another announced his retirement.

In my fleet this week, one senior PIC retired and one sub-300 seniority PIC resigned for another job. Three more senior PIC's will retire before March and two junior PIC's are accepting airline recall before spring.

And those are just the ones I KNOW about. Resumes are flying and the number of job postings for airline, charter, and corporate are rising steadily. I expect attrition this year to be much higher than last.

The company will be VERY reluctant to recall prior to a new contract because it portrays weakness during negotiations and eliminates a bargaining chip. Nevertheless, I think this year's attrition might leave them with no choice.

Hang in there. We'll have RED lanyards waiting for you.

Yes. St. Louis Cardinal RED. It's a beautiful thing. :beer:

Thanks Gut, you're a classy guy !

Fischman- Eh not so much.

Last edited:
Thanks gut I appreciate the insight. Something the union does not do so well. Like others have said it's been a sucky 4 years.

Yes. St. Louis Cardinal RED. It's a beautiful thing. :beer:

That would be Boston RED Sox RED.....you know, the team that actually....ah...em...WON. :D

Ouch!!!

Thx Gut.

Taking the time to do that is very much appreciated. Now that I'm ready to return to flying, I can't wait to get that currency back so I can look for a better job :D

I flew with one of our 70+ guys last week. He said he is planning to retire this year. We'll see.

Thx Gut.

Taking the time to do that is very much appreciated. Now that I'm ready to return to flying, I can't wait to get that currency back so I can look for a better job :D

Hopefully, when you come back, we can all MAKE IT a better job. If you know what I mean.

:beer:

Latest resources

Back