Keep the Faith

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:laugh: He said management and think

Staffing modeling is based on demand not on airframes. Demand is really high right now and sales are strong so demand should continue to be strong. When whole shares are parsed down to 32 shares on a card it changes the response to demand methods significantly. NJ should have recalled pilots months ago so that it could be ready for the busy season. Money, good will, lost opportunity and brand all left on the table by poor decisions by the EMT.

Exactly the opposite everyone has been told over the last 4+ years.....

Somehow I'm not surprised.... Nothing that has been told to a furloughee has been 100% truthful...

Exactly the opposite everyone has been told over the last 4+ years.....

Somehow I'm not surprised.... Nothing that has been told to a furloughee has been 100% truthful...

Management has been saying "demand" for some time. Since they control manning, why would they say "demand" when they secretly they were using "airframes". The reality is probably that demand drives airframe need which drives manning levels so the point is moot for anything but discussion.

Keep in mind that some former "leaders" and keyboard cowboys in the union have been screaming "overstaffed" and "furloughs around the corner" for nearly 3 years now. Didn't come to fruition and their argument is based on bogus data. The CBA speaks to a minimum required staffing level that really has no basis in reality to what is needed to run operations. How convenient to crank out bogus numbers and keep the troops on edge. Only problem - real people have made real life decisions based on opinions not based on reality.

Last edited:
Total airframes or available airframes? On any given day, you've got several that are in MX for multi-day inspections don't need crews.

Management has been saying "demand" for some time. Since they control manning, why would they say "demand" when they secretly they were using "airframes". The reality is probably that demand drives airframe need which drives manning levels so the point is moot for anything but discussion.

Keep in mind that some former "leaders" and keyboard cowboys in the union have been screaming "overstaffed" and "furloughs around the corner" for nearly 3 years now. Didn't come to fruition and their argument is based on bogus data. Yeah no sh.it... I'd could give you the names of the 3 likely culprits on our side of the msg board with ease. Every time we mentioned anything about 18 day/extended days etc etc, it was constantly jammed down our throats that we were wrong and the company was "most likey going to furlough next quarter".. It took one of the recall initiators to personally email me and inform me how wrong the other 3 were... That in fact the numbers did not support a furlough and things actually were looking brighter.. (Without Luthi and Co. at the helm.) The CBA speaks to a minimum required staffing level that really has no basis in reality to what is needed to run operations. How convenient to crank out bogus numbers and keep the troops on edge. Only problem - real people have made real life decisions based on opinions not based on reality.

The former NJASAP leadership had such an agenda that they didn't care what lie they told as long as it made their agenda stronger.

Now when's the next referendum vote, Bylaws vote, or any other vote? It's been atleast 2 months, there must be a vote occurring that takes up more resources.. :beer:

Total airframes or available airframes? On any given day, you've got several that are in MX for multi-day inspections don't need crews.

5 per total airframes.

A couple of years ago when it was slower ...more furlough rumours were floated by I don't know who... So people calculated how many could possibly be furloughed and still remain at 5 per airframe. Problem is at that time the number of airframes was going lower every month... and some of the airframes we were told the company wanted to get rid of.

So if they had airframes on the books that are not needed ... I guess its just a paperwork drill to remove those from the certificate.

How many pilots are needed to meet demand? I think this is the real number because the company can just rid itself of unneeded airplanes. But as the CBA is written ... airframes determines minimum number of crews

Ok I give. What happened this week. I hope nothing bad in your personal life and your speaking of work.

Nothing too dramatic. Except our delusional, out-of-touch, and possibly turncoat union EBoard blew up the best unity and leverage building effort it ever had and tried to replace it with a retread, lilly-livered, and to many, downright offensive "branding" campaign.

It's just the latest example of how dysfunctional and impotent NJASAP is.

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad....

Latest resources

Back