Keep the Faith

gutshotdraw

ZERT Wilson CQB User
Total Time
To all NJA furloughs planning on returning:

Keep the faith guys and gals. The tide is turning.

Just this week, two more pilots announced openly on the boards they are leaving for other employment, and another announced his retirement.

In my fleet this week, one senior PIC retired and one sub-300 seniority PIC resigned for another job. Three more senior PIC's will retire before March and two junior PIC's are accepting airline recall before spring.

And those are just the ones I KNOW about. Resumes are flying and the number of job postings for airline, charter, and corporate are rising steadily. I expect attrition this year to be much higher than last.

The company will be VERY reluctant to recall prior to a new contract because it portrays weakness during negotiations and eliminates a bargaining chip. Nevertheless, I think this year's attrition might leave them with no choice.

Hang in there. We'll have RED lanyards waiting for you.

fischman

Total Time

Just this week, two more pilots announced openly on the boards they are leaving for other employment, and another announced his retirement.

In my fleet this week, one senior PIC retired and one sub-300 seniority PIC resigned for another job. Three more senior PIC's will retire before March and two junior PIC's are accepting airline recall before spring.

And those are just the ones I KNOW about. Resumes are flying and the number of job postings for airline, charter, and corporate are rising steadily. I expect attrition this year to be much higher than last.

The company will be VERY reluctant to recall prior to a new contract because it portrays weakness during negotiations and eliminates a bargaining chip. Nevertheless, I think this year's attrition might leave them with no choice.

Yes. St. Louis Cardinal RED. It's a beautiful thing. :beer:

VGerect

Total Time
Beer
Thanks Gut, you're a classy guy !

Fischman- Eh not so much.

Last edited:

DC-4

Total Time
Thanks gut I appreciate the insight. Something the union does not do so well. Like others have said it's been a sucky 4 years.

gutshotdraw

ZERT Wilson CQB User
Total Time
Yes. St. Louis Cardinal RED. It's a beautiful thing. :beer:
That would be Boston RED Sox RED.....you know, the team that actually....ah...em...WON. :D

fischman

Total Time
Ouch!!!

av8trinabarrel

Total Time
uhhhh!
Thx Gut.

Taking the time to do that is very much appreciated. Now that I'm ready to return to flying, I can't wait to get that currency back so I can look for a better job :D

208starcheck

Total Time
growin
I flew with one of our 70+ guys last week. He said he is planning to retire this year. We'll see.

gutshotdraw

ZERT Wilson CQB User
Total Time
Thx Gut.

Taking the time to do that is very much appreciated. Now that I'm ready to return to flying, I can't wait to get that currency back so I can look for a better job :D
Hopefully, when you come back, we can all MAKE IT a better job. If you know what I mean.

:beer:

fischman

Total Time

hammer2

Total Time
250+
What did I do to deserve that???
Well I don't have a dog in this hunt, but as a Ranger fan, game 6 still haunts me to this day...so just on principle I agree with BGerect...! :p

Last edited:

Dgpr

Total Time
Thanks Gut!

I'll take mine in Detroit Red Wings RED... :D

LAZYB

Time wounds all heels.
Total Time
<15000
Poker is Life

So these are implied odds for our double gutshot draw... :p

gutshotdraw

ZERT Wilson CQB User
Total Time
So these are implied odds for our double gutshot draw... :p
Exactamundo.

Wish I could call a floorman over to put the big stack on the clock....:angryfire

G4dude

Total Time
I second what Gut said, in spades. It will be a PLEASURE to fly with the furloughees when they are back where they belong.

Blueridgeflyer

Total Time
>0
My money is still on an imminent recall with class dates beginning in April. They will likely bring back an initial 100-150 this year. I say this because we are 110% understaffed and that was the silly metric to which Sokol justified staffing levels. We all know that JH is meticulously following his predecessor's gameplan which isn't exactly well suited for the worlds preeminent luxury brand of transportation.