KCM Policy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good deal
It's absolutely nuts that the uniform plays any role whatsoever in security- a, they are ridiculously easy to acquire, are not controlled at all, and the uniform policy even in regular lines does nothing but inconvenience crews.
B- there are a dozen reasons I can be traveling officially for work and not be in uniform.
C- who cares if I'm working or traveling for fun? I can sit in the jumpseat to get to vacation on any airline in the states out of uniform-

Can anyone here tell me one good reason that a crewmember with a valid ID, should be treated differently in or out of uniform, whether it's KCM or not?

Good deal
It's absolutely nuts that the uniform plays any role whatsoever in security- a, they are ridiculously easy to acquire, are not controlled at all, and the uniform policy even in regular lines does nothing but inconvenience crews.
B- there are a dozen reasons I can be traveling officially for work and not be in uniform.
C- who cares if I'm working or traveling for fun? I can sit in the jumpseat to get to vacation on any airline in the states out of uniform-

Can anyone here tell me one good reason that a crewmember with a valid ID, should be treated differently in or out of uniform, whether it's KCM or not?
My sentiments exactly. A piece of clothing is NOT a credential. Especially when that clothing is readily available to anyone and everyone that wishes to purchase it.

Hey. Here's an idea. For once on this forum why don't we be professional and not make this info public. This is not public information. Your company and or union will inform you of crewmember access changes. MODs please delete this thread.

Google "known crewmember", you will be amazed. As has been said before, this is all publicly available information.

Ease up. Adjust tinfoil.

Better?

You're welcome.

Good deal
Uniform, no. KCM, yes. Airline IDs are easy to duplicate. Getting through KCM with a fake ID, just about impossible. That's why it was set up in the first place - to give us all a much more secure way to verify ID. So going through KCM in uniform or not = secure. Going through pax screening in uniform or not = same treatment as all the other people on your plane.

HAL

I am all for installing KCM universally, as I believe it is better security than running us through the cattle call

But how does being in uniform change how inept regular screening is?

In uniform we go through first, carry liquids through regular screening, and keep our shoes on if they do not set the detector off.

Why can't we do that out of uniform if we present a valid ID?

For over a decade! This question has not been answered.
13 years now.... Ridiculous

I am all for installing KCM universally, as I believe it is better security than running us through the cattle call

But how does being in uniform change how inept regular screening is?

In uniform we go through first, carry liquids through regular screening, and keep our shoes on if they do not set the detector off.

Why can't we do that out of uniform if we present a valid ID?

For over a decade! This question has not been answered.
13 years now.... Ridiculous

Two reasons: one, line jumping is supposed to be for working crews so they don't have to worry about missing show times because of long lines. It really has nothing to do with security. Two, appearances. Joe and Jane shmo pax don't want someone cutting in line without a good reason. By only allowing uniformed crew to cut it helps keep the unwashed masses content.

As far as KCM it's not just for on duty crews so the uniform req was just another tsa power trip to keep their minions from getting too confused. Apparently we have already had folks go through in civilian clothes without too much hassle so good on them for being reasonable for once.

Latest resources

Back