jumpseating to mexico (cancun)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyingpimp

I am flying for a 121 carrier and was wondering what airlines, flying to Cancun allow off-line jumpseaters. I believe the only airlines to serve Cancun are NW, CAl, DL, and numerous charter companies. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I fly for CAL and we are only allowed to take "approved" 121 carriers internationally. Who do you fly for?

BTW, our flights to and from CUN are always full. As it stands right now we can only take offline JS's in the cabin.

We are doing a lot of flying to Cancun in March but all we can offer is a cabin seat to all off line jumpseaters(really the only people we can have on the j/s our employee's, FAA, Secret Service, and NTSB) all others have to sit in back of the bus-sorry those days are over. Usually we are very full going both ways so I can't offer much hope.

Check out ATA

I believe ATA has scheduled service to Cancun out of IND.

Don't know about loads and/or JS policy in today's enviroment, but in the past they were a great way to get around.

Those big 'ol L1011s were hardly ever full.

I fly for Air Wisconsin or United Express. TurboS who do you fly for? Does CAL and other airlines consider Cancun as a international destination or still domestic flying? Thanks agian for all the great imput.

flyingpimp said:
I fly for Air Wisconsin or United Express. TurboS who do you fly for? Does CAL and other airlines consider Cancun as a international destination or still domestic flying? Thanks agian for all the great imput.

I just checked the list. You guys are only approved for domestic JS's. Mexico destinations are considered International.

Sorry, but if it is any consolation, it would be doubtful you'd get on with the new policy of offline riding in the cabin.

Wish I had better news for you.

Latest resources

Back