jumpseating info...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AcarsMe

Even though I've been a dispatcher awhile now, I never really did much jumpseating on other carriers, but it's something I'd like to start doing more. I'm just trying to understand on that myidtravel.com web site, what the correlation is to the different sections and numbers they list as far as seat availability. For instance, I see that Delta lists F and Y codes, assuming for first and coach class....it looks like 9 is the best number to see as that indicates there are at least 9 seats or more in that section.

But then if you select Southwest, they list a y7 and an x7 for this random flight I chose to MDW.....what does this indicate for Southwest? I am seeing the yellow "iffy" face for that flight, so I'm just trying to understand the correlation.

For American it gets even more complicated....they show like 10 codes. A random flight shows Y7 B7 H7 K7 M7 L7 W7 V7 S7 G7 N7 Q7 O7, and every single flight I randomly look at always shows the yellow smiley face.

Any guidance on these codes is greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Are you looking at booking availability in Sabre or something? Those are fare buckets and by no means show the actual loads. The best thing is to call.

I'm just looking at what that myidtravel website shows me....when you click on the info circle next to the smiley faces, it brings up those different codes. Delta's seems pretty easy to interpret, but not the other airlines.

Latest resources

Back