• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

EMB145

Frequent Flyer
Guys and Gals.

Today, for the second time in the recent pass we were confronted with the dillemma of refusing a jumpseat for an EJA or FO pilot.
Please understand, even in the past, giving you guys a ride was against company policy, but many of us would give you a ride and take a chance. Then, the cosequences were minor (best of my knowledge).
This is the post 9/11 aviation era. One of the loudest messages from our management is that any violation of the jumpseat rule and the CREW will be fired and the ENTIRE PILOT GROUP will lose jumpseat priviledges, not to mention the "off line" pilots.
I am not apologizing, but am sorry for this situation. Please understand and don't put the CA and the crew in a very uncomfortable situation and PLEASE don't get PO'd when (not if) the answer is no!
Thanks for your understanding.

EJA or FO hopeful.

EMB145, I'm sorry one of our guys put you on the hot seat. They should have known better. It's hard enough just coming to and from work on a revenue ticket. All of our tickets are last minute, one-way fares. That usually earns the full search in the gate area before we board in uniform.

UK Cats
Where have you been my man?
This is the first post I have seen from you in a looong time.

BTW-Sorry to inform you but I know the winner of the NCAA Tourney already-Yes its Duke again(despite the recent loss to Maryland).

Fly Safe
Chuck

Latest resources

Back