Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

olympus593

To: All fedex pilot.

Please hand me your ID with your jumpseat boarding pass when you ask for a ride. The last guy made me ask for it and was offended/Pissed off when I asked for his licence.

P.S: Because You make more than me doesn't exempt you guy's from showing your company ID.

olympus593 said:
To: All fedex pilot.

Please hand me your ID with your jumpseat boarding pass when you ask for a ride. The last guy made me ask for it and was offended/Pissed off when I asked for his licence.

P.S: Because You make more than me doesn't exempt you guy's from showing your company ID.

First I'd like to say. Nice Avatar!:D
Second. since you said "All fedex pilot" one bad apple does not make all the rest of us bad and I humbly apologize for the actions of my fellow employee.:0

I don't think money has anything to do with it either.

Even though you're being an a$$, this is a great time for employees from all companies to post the correct etiquite/flow for making js'ing easier. Let's hear it.

Oh, yeah. Unlike the starter of this thread, please make it clear which airline you work for, so we know what to do where.

Thanks.

Purpled said:
Even though you're being an a$$, this is a great time for employees from all companies to post the correct etiquite/flow for making js'ing easier. Let's hear it.

Oh, yeah. Unlike the starter of this thread, please make it clear which airline you work for, so we know what to do where.

Thanks.

OK..Since you asked, and since you've only got 2500 hrs in fighters and heavies, I'll tell ya...

1) You're asking for a free ride, with very little reciprocity on your part, so be respectful to the Captain who's carting yore a$$ home, probably sporting a nice 5 o'clock shadow. Regardless of the equipment he's flying, or his age, show some respect, like they taught ya in the military.
2) Wait fer the payin folk to git off before you grab your bag, tryin to hot-foot off to make yer connection.
3) Always say thanks to the guys who gave you the ride, you'll be able to do this by observing #2 above.

I hope this helps, perhaps your jumpseat co-ordinator can give ya some further guidance.

Mr Wu,

I hope you're being fasticious, other wise you may be confusing etiquette with lazyness.

I will introduce myself

I will ask for a ride

I will thank you in advance

I will thank you before deplaning

I will bring MY garbage with me

I may even cross MY seatbelt...but the rest is on you.

Bullock

Mr Wu said:
On aircraft without a F/A...........

Sit in the back

Cross the belts on your way out

Bring your trash and all else you can haul up front with you

Turn off the reading lights

Sit in the back so you can collect garbage and hit all the lights and belts on your way out. That's twisted.

freightdogfred said:
OK..Since you asked, and since you've only got 2500 hrs in fighters and heavies, I'll tell ya...

1) You're asking for a free ride, with very little reciprocity on your part, so be respectful to the Captain who's carting yore a$$ home, probably sporting a nice 5 o'clock shadow. Regardless of the equipment he's flying, or his age, show some respect, like they taught ya in the military.
2) Wait fer the payin folk to git off before you grab your bag, tryin to hot-foot off to make yer connection.
3) Always say thanks to the guys who gave you the ride, you'll be able to do this by observing #2 above.

I hope this helps, perhaps your jumpseat co-ordinator can give ya some further guidance.

No dopey head, not the basics. I'm talking about specifics for a given airline or aircraft. For instance, in the previous thread someone spoke of introducing yourself to the FO at the bottom of the stairs and not bothering the Capt as the door gets closed. Stuff like that. If a guy isn't polite, just don't take him. That's too basic to be corrected in the jet-way.

I'll start: At Fedex, be sure to arrive the hour early that you are told when you book your flight. Some ramps won't check you in if you are late. Then, find any crewmember and ask them to point you in the right direction. It's that easy. See, I skipped all the 'be polite' stuff because you should already know that.

What's with the attitude?

I don't understand all the bitterness directed at the FedEx guy, just because he is military. That dog just doesn't hunt anymore. There are squared away civilian pilots just as there are those who came up in the military system. Oh, and from what I have seen on my numerous trips to Memphis, there are many straight civilian time pilots at Purple. Like anything else, the great jobs require tenacity and focus. I'm out.

AAmilguy said:
just because he is military. That dog just doesn't hunt anymore.

Not to throw rocks, but it has been my experience that pull crap like that tend to be military and I would bet you he went straight from the military to Fedex.

Several yrs ago, when I worked at the commuters we use to have trouble with a few jumpseaters. They usually did not introduce themselves and the thought of even asking for a ride was benenth them. I might get a slap on the back as they walked past the cockpit. We had one Capt that took it to an extreme and started kicking the guys off the flights if they did the ole shuffle past the cockpit. He did have a point, if I showed up at their respcetive airline and just took a seat, I would proably get kicked off too.

Turns out all of the indiviuals we had trouble with were Air Force and most of them just happened to work for CO.

Latest resources

Back