Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

jobs that will pay for reinstatement of licenses?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jorgy50

I have a friend who lost his licences, but is eligible to have them reinstated. However he doesn't have the $$$ to pay for the cost of the checkrides and related training expenses. He has approximately 7500 hours, most of which as a Captain of a 121 airline in a CRJ 200 so he should be competitive for hire. He would love to get back in the game, just doesn't have the funds needed to pay for training. Does anyone know of companies that would cover these expenses as a condition of employment? He would consider any flying - corporate, oversea's, cargo, really anything.

if it's relevant - He popped positive on random drug test. Having said that, his FAA record shows his side of the story - it was a false positive. Not defending or condoning, just the facts here. Would this preclude him from future employment ?

if it's relevant - He popped positive on random drug test. Having said that, his FAA record shows his side of the story - it was a false positive.

Well, if that's the case, it's a nightmare.

One of the real fears we had when this thing was shoved down our throats was the false positive.

Did your friend's company not provide for a split sample in random testing ?

I assume the medical review officer checked the data when it came up positive ?

Can you tell, in general terms, what your friend thinks accounts for the false positive ?

If it was a false positive and the FAA records reflect that, then why were his licenses revoked? Seems there is more to the story.

I'd like to hear more. Why were his certs revoked if it was a confirmed false-positive? I might be able to suggest something based on that answer.

if it's relevant - He popped positive on random drug test. Having said that, his FAA record shows his side of the story - it was a false positive. Not defending or condoning, just the facts here. Would this preclude him from future employment ?

If it was a true false pos. I'd suggest a good lawyer first. Then once the FAA reinstates his tickets he can move on to looking for employment. If he is truly innocent and it can be proven, he may not need to look for a job. I'd go after everyone that had anything to do with the chain of custody of the sample right through the lab corp and the company he worked for.

I'm sorry, I can't offer any more relevant info. good luck to your buddy.

I don't know all the details, but what I do know is he tested positive for cocaine metabolites. Let's just say his pilot group has no union, so they pretty much just said - good luck with your defense. At the time of the test, he was under a doctors care taking prescription amoxicillin, which I hear is structurally very similar to the cocaine molecule. He did hire a lawyer, who was able to research the relationship of false positives and amoxicillin, and found case studies supporting that claim. It apparently happens more than one might think. The problem was, after $60k in legal bills, he ran out of money just before he could go to trial. I think he was at least able to get a statement in his FAA file stating his defense, but does that really do any good? The FAA has says he is now eligible to return to flying, but back to the original problem here - he doesn't have the funds to go through the process.

Last edited:
I don't know all the details, but what I do know is he tested positive for cocaine metabolites. Let's just say his pilot group has no union, so they pretty much just said - good luck with your defense. At the time of the test, he was under a doctors care taking prescription amoxicillin, which I hear is structurally very similar to the cocaine molecule. He did hire a lawyer, who was able to research the relationship of false positives and amoxicillin, and found case studies supporting that claim. It apparently happens more than one might think. The problem was, after $60k in legal bills, he ran out of money just before he could go to trial. I think he was at least able to get a statement in his FAA file stating his defense, but does that really do any good? The FAA has says he is now eligible to return to flying, but back to the original problem here - he doesn't have the funds to go through the process.

wondering if he listed the anti-biotic on his for one fills out inquiring about medications in use..

Latest resources

Back