Job Openings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

onewithwings

This is a repost because I couldn't figure out how to "undelete" the previous thread.

For those of you who are unemployed or underemployed (like me) here's a good one~

California Pacific Airlines is hiring: http://www.flycpair.com/

A regional start up out of the newly renovated Carlsbad Airport flying E170's. I read an article on "Cranky Flier" that gave it a thumbs up. They have the money, the aircraft and the market.
If you've never been to Carlsbad, CA it's a must see. One of my very favorite towns in So Cal. BEAUTIFUL with a lot of history.

Side note: My buddies at Virgin America tell me they will have more openings soon.

Happy Dispatching!

OWW~

Side note: My buddies at Virgin America tell me they will have more openings soon.

It appears that VX has three postings for "Dispatcher", right now. I'm not sure if that means they are hiring for three positions of if they just forgot to delete the old ones.

I do know of a couple of people that have made the move to Burlingame and they seem generally happy with job & company.

Published Job Title: Dispatcher
Airport Location: Virgin America HQ
State: California
City: Burlingame
Description:

Meet Virgin America

Virgin America is a brand new airline dedicated to making flying good again. VA incorporates the Virgin Brand’s world-renowned customer focus and distinctive style, to create a high-value, low-fare airline that offers more: more fun, more options, more comfort, more entertainment and more value.

Are you Virgin enough? Virgin America loves team members with the thirst and creativity to make this the most wowed airline in the sky. In return, we promise to make this a company where inspired people like you will always thrive.

Departmental Statement:

The Operations Control Center (OCC) is responsible for planning and oversight of all aspects of Virgin America’s operation. The OCC team will be focused on long-range planning and daily execution of a highly efficient operation that delivers industry leading performance.

Main Purpose of the Role:

The Dispatcher’s primary role is to provide the highest level of safety and service to Virgin America’s flight crews and guests. Dispatchers will be responsible for planning daily flight operations in accordance with regulatory guidelines, Company standards, guest comfort and on-time performance. Dispatchers must ensure all flights are planed with due consideration given to meteorological conditions, aircraft discrepancies and performance limitations.

Dispatchers will proactively flight-follow aircraft, providing flight crews with timely updates to changes in dispatch parameters and take action to deal with unplanned events/situations.

Dispatchers will assure all stakeholders are informed of significant changes in flight status, aircraft substitutions, delays, unscheduled landings, diversions or cancellations.

Professional and Personal Requirements /Skills & Experience:
  • Current FAA Aircraft Dispatch Certificate required.
  • Thorough knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements including two years of dispatch experience with a Part 121 or Part 135 carrier.
  • Thorough knowledge of weather theory, charts, and reports in METAR format.
  • Satisfactory completion of the training, testing and checking requirements as defined in Virgin America’s Flight Operations Training Manual (FOTM).
  • Bachelor’s degree preferred.
  • Willingness to work rotating shifts, rotating days-off, weekends and holidays.
  • Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test.
  • Possess the entrepreneurial spirit of Virgin America.

----> Click here to apply! <----

Last edited:
It appears that VX has three postings for "Dispatcher", right now. I'm not sure if that means they are hiring for three positions of if they just forgot to delete the old ones.

They've had this posting up for at least the past 2 months now without closing it. Odd.

They've had this posting up for at least the past 2 months now without closing it. Odd.

I know for a fact they have ordered more aircraft. More aircraft...more dispatchers. Should be a good thing.

Thanks Walter!
I've made this thread a "sticky" and useable for anyone who wants to post job openings for DX or CX positions. It will make for a quick "go to" for anyone seeking employment in the industry.

OWW~

ASA-XJT recently had a posting, I know of one friend of mine who had an interview...

Indeed, sir.

Requisition Number: XJT11-0274
Post Date: 6/1/2011
Title: Dispatcher-ExpressJet
Part Time: No
City: ATG - Atlanta
State: GA

Job Description:

The Dispatcher is responsible for understanding the necessary FARs for safe and efficient operations of all ExpressJet flights on a daily basis. This position will monitor the progress of each assigned flight and cancel flights or reroute aircraft as required.

Required:
  • High School graduate or equivalent (GED).
  • FAA Aircraft Dispatch Certificate issued by the Department of Transportation.
  • Must be at least 23 years of age per FAA.
  • This position will be subject to pre-employment and random DOT drug testing.
  • Preferable attributes include strong communication and problem solving skills, and able to multi task in a stressful environment.
  • Must be able to work a schedule accommodating a 24/7 operation.
----> Click HERE to Apply <----

I heard third hand, unconfirmed information that Delta might be hiring or will soon. Any definate info on this?

Latest resources

Back