I had heard earlier this year that they might be hiring. Is this due to AC growth or retirements?https://tam.alaskaair.com/psp/asjobs/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_HM_PRE&Action=A&SiteId=10
The position pays per union agreement.
- Provide clerical assistance to Dispatchers on duty
- Monitor dispatch systems for proper functionality and accurate data
- When directed, issue timely information to stations and other departments, through available communications systems (FLIFO), concerning release preparation, fuel loads, passenger information,
aircraft assignment and substitutions, delays, cancellations, unscheduled landings, diversions, and overflies
- Plot and send adverse weather information to appropriate stations
- Maintain weather data as required, including Field and Facilities, FDC NOTAMs, Turbulence Plots, and PIREPS
- Ensure all office manuals are updated and current including takeoff and landing data, MEL/CDL, Jeppesen, Flight Operations Manuals
- Company Flight Manual, and Dispatch Policy and Procedures Manual
- Order office supplies
- Assume the duties of a Dispatcher when directed by Chief Dispatcher or Manager Dispatch and Meteorology, act as Dispatcher
- Other duties as assigned by Dispatcher, Chief Dispatcher, and/or Manager Dispatch
- Embody the Alaska Spirit and conducts oneself with Professionalism, Integrity, Resourcefulness and Caring
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum age of 18
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Possess a valid FAA Aircraft Dispatcher's Certificate required
- Successfully pass all ground/flight training requirements and level of proficiency for Dispatchers as specified in the Company Training Manual required
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Each day, we are guided by our core values of Professionalism, Caring, Resourcefulness, Integrity and Alaska Spirit at work and in our communities. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. .
Please apply on or before: Sunday, August 19, 2012
How's the seniority work? Does a Reserve Dx'er keep DOH or from the time they get promoted to a regular dispatcher?They get full scale to start if they have their dispatch certificate. The only difference is you can have your schedule changed with 24 hours or more notice.