• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jewish Teen Causes Bomb Scare out of LGA - CHQ Diverts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ive said it before. You can't yell jump to somebody on a ledge, you cant say bomb around security, you cant yell fire in a crowded theatre. We decided long ago that freedom of speach does not trump public safety.

You shouldn't yell "allah akbar" on an airplane.

Maybe it isnt a good idea to break out your dradle on an aircraft in flight either

Uh, a Jewish kid isn't going to tell "allah akbar" on an airplane, or anything for that matter.

Dreidle is boring anyway, so most of the Jewish kids this year played Texas Hold 'Em. If we're going to go this route, I think those crosses worn by many Christians are quite threatening. Big difference between Hebrew and Arabic, and I'm guessing had the FA investigated a little she'd have found out what the deal was. A little common sense goes a long way...

I don't know they kind of look like bombs to me. Relatively large boxes wrapped around someones arm.. I don't blame the FA for sort of freaking out.

Taking the religious, and 1st Amendment, aspects out of the equation, I could see why the FA was a little freaked out. The thing does look unusual, and not at all like something that needed to be done on an airliner.

Kudos to the FA. If I were the flight crew, I would want her act in exactly the same way. Something suspicious was going on in the cabin, let us know about it so we can get the plane on the ground.

No second guessing the FA. This only weakens the system.

I agree. It's quite unusual looking. A young teen of religious persuasion rocking back and forth during prayer with wires strapped to his arm and head is a little strange, especially if you've never seen one before.

I doubt I would be freaked out by a Muslim studying up on the Koran, either. Terrorists don't typically give you that kind of warning before they strike.

Latest resources

Back