JetPlan users?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bcp7

Hi guys - I could use a little help here. I haven't used JetPlan in a few years, and never for actual Part 121 operations (was at Flexjet for a while).

I have looked through the JetPlan User Manual and don't see anything in there about an en route reanalysis. So what do you do if ATC gives you a re-route? go back to the original plan and change inputs?

Or if you have a mechanical that requires a diversion, how can you calculate a fuel burn and time to the new destination? I know the flight crews can get the information from their FMS system, but the dispatcher should be doing a cross check as verification.

Other flight planning systems I have used allow you to select a waypoint as a new POD, build a route or go direct to the alternate, enter the weight at that waypoint and now you get a new plan based on current information.

I thought I would ask here first before going to our account rep, as we are on a trial basis.

Is this just the old school jet plan or are you using it with a GUI (i.e. OpsControl)?

Honestly, I've only used jetplan.com as a back-up and never had to perform any enroute changes from ATC in that program. In my previous life, any/most ATC reroutes were handled by the crew with minimal input from dispatch as that would have required link via ARINC since we didn't have ACARS.

I used Jet Plan for a year and a half at my current job and we now thankfully have LIDO. I never had a reroute but if the process (if even available) is anything like the rest of the system, I sure it is very tedious, complex and error-prone so I would ask the account rep. IMHO, Jet Plan has no place in any Part 121 operation.

I used Jet Plan for a year and a half at my current job and we now thankfully have LIDO. I never had a reroute but if the process (if even available) is anything like the rest of the system, I sure it is very tedious, complex and error-prone so I would ask the account rep. IMHO, Jet Plan has no place in any Part 121 operation.

Where I work, we have Jepp (JetPlan) and the rerouting works fine with our GUI. We had Lido OC before and that worked fine as well. The only problem we had with Lido OC was the direct segments. We always had to have LH NavServices build them (or file them as FFS) if there was no direct segment built.

Maybe I'm missing something here.

My carrier had Ops Control but quit supporting it (money?) so we had to do without the GUI. Very labor intensive and a nightmare for a scheduled airline.

Pull up the plan number for the flight you are working...in the POD line, enter a navaid (or lat/long) for the point at which the aircraft will change routing, then enter the remainder of the route in the route line. If you used a departure fuel for the Fuel On Board line, then that will need to be updated as well. When you re-run the plan, it should give you a burn for the route from your diversion/re-route point.

See if that works.

Thanks, Macey.

And for the rest of you, I agree. I told the DO to NOT commit to JetPlan before I got on property, but he didn't listen. I'd much rather be in Navtech, possibly SkyPlan.

We're still on a trial but they have so much other stuff as part of the bid: e-link, crew member charts, runway analysis, etc that I don't know if we can get away from it.

Latest resources

Back