• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue to VA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Announcements of aircraft orders and new destinations are good, but these things are necessary if VA is to survive. VA is in the position where it has to grow or die.

I've seen a few postings on here alluding that investors wouldn't be pumping more money in if they weren't pretty sure things were going to work out but the reality is the only way they see any returns on the cash they've already put in is to keep playing.

If they are lucky it works out and VA takes off, or they can at least make it into something worth selling.

Either way success will not come easy...it hasn't yet, no reason to think more airplanes will somehow solve that.

Funny how someone makes some fairly realistic comments without any references to pay, uniforms, etc,etc, and it automatically get's tossed out the window as just words from a hater.

Insightful Post.

I would wait to leave JB as the SWA rumor mill thinks they will become one. Much better pay and an Oakland base at SWA.

I would wait to leave JB as the SWA rumor mill thinks they will become one. Much better pay and an Oakland base at SWA.

Yeah, wait so that you can get another Frontier offer - stapled to the very bottom of the list OR NOTHING.... Wait for that one. Upgrade time would still be 15+ years at SWA.

Not sure how the vacancies work at jetBlue, so I gotta ask. Do the 36 FO positions posted on this vacancy count those guys as the 36 guys that will upgrade to the CA positions, or are those considered part of a SECONDARY bid? If it's the first, I guess I only see 36 new positions created. If it's the later, I'd agree with the 72 number.

Not sure how the vacancies work at jetBlue, so I gotta ask. Do the 36 FO positions posted on this vacancy count those guys as the 36 guys that will upgrade to the CA positions, or are those considered part of a SECONDARY bid? If it's the first, I guess I only see 36 new positions created. If it's the later, I'd agree with the 72 number.

72 new hires and more to come in the Sept bid.

The AA rumor mills thinks that AA will be buying Jblu. Especially, according to them, given the similarities between the Aircal, Reno, and I think TWA purchases by AA and how they all started. Thought it unlikely until this guy pointed out the similarities and how the APA has studied it.

Guess if I had my druthers, it would be for SWA, personally.

Yeah, wait so that you can get another Frontier offer - stapled to the very bottom of the list OR NOTHING.... Wait for that one. Upgrade time would still be 15+ years at SWA.

I wouldn't worry to much about the upgrade times, there long where ever you go these days unless your willing to take a huge chance... Your still with in six figures in 3ish years... May have to live a little cheaper while saving for retirement for 5 or 6 years more, but job security (used loosely) is well worth that.

The AA rumor mills thinks that AA will be buying Jblu. Especially, according to them, given the similarities between the Aircal, Reno, and I think TWA purchases by AA and how they all started. Thought it unlikely until this guy pointed out the similarities and how the APA has studied it.

Guess if I had my druthers, it would be for SWA, personally.

Rumors of one airline buying another are simply rumors. Since I have been at JetBlue, I have heard that Delta, US Airways, Frontier, American, and Southwest were buying us at one time or another. I have also heard that we were buying Spirit, Frontier, Airtran, and Virgin America.. So if you want to rely on rumors, good luck! The only truth to airline mergers and/or buyouts can be found in the newspapers after all parties have formally agreed. Unless that happens, dream on! This industry is full of rumors. If I had a nickel for every time I have heard......"a credible source told me.....," or "I heard this from a very reliable source," etc, etc. Well, I'm sure you get the picture.

I suggest that when one applies for an airline job, do your research on that particular company. Get the facts. You might be surprised what you find. Best wishes!

Agreed Ski,

You'll know when USA today postes it. Ask any coex crew how much notice they got in this rectent skw buyout? The only ones who really know will keep a tight ship until the dealing is done and by then it's too late for the simple foot soldiers. Sure would be nice to have a seat at the table... AKA: UAL CAL pilots in control of that merger.

Rumors of one airline buying another are simply rumors. Since I have been at JetBlue, I have heard that Delta, US Airways, Frontier, American, and Southwest were buying us at one time or another. I have also heard that we were buying Spirit, Frontier, Airtran, and Virgin America.. So if you want to rely on rumors, good luck! The only truth to airline mergers and/or buyouts can be found in the newspapers after all parties have formally agreed. Unless that happens, dream on! This industry is full of rumors. If I had a nickel for every time I have heard......"a credible source told me.....," or "I heard this from a very reliable source," etc, etc. Well, I'm sure you get the picture.

I suggest that when one applies for an airline job, do your research on that particular company. Get the facts. You might be surprised what you find. Best wishes!

Yeah, sorry Ski, didn't mean to make it sound like he was some sort of a "credible source", simply sharing what he said. Although, with the recent developments of your apparent scope request failure and an increased code share with AA maybe its more than a coincidence. I hope for your sake its nothing more than rumor, the gentlemen sharing with me was a 14yr F/O (and not happy about it).

Good luck

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back