• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue pilots vote YES to ALPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not that I don't believe you but where did the info come from?

Hopefully accurate...that is awesome.

If my math is correct....74% for Representation. Pretty decent numbers considering it lost pretty good last time and we are full of Anti ALPA guys. I am surprised as well as ecstatic that we got such a high number, almost 3 to 1 in favor.

A company gets the Union it deserves...the ball is in the company's court now as to how they want to react. They have a pretty good thing going right now with Pilots who don't hate Jetblue, the company (management is another story) and like to come to work and play the we all win game despite some glaring deficiencies to our comp and bennies. Will they squander that to fight for the sake of fighting a big bad "Third Party", or will they embrace JBALPA as a "Busiiness Partner" (JB corporate speak for third parties they like) and bargain in good faith?

If I were management and saw those numbers I know what I would do. A unified, pissed off group with some legal backing and resources can send things downhill pretty fast. When I say downhill, I'm referring to the management whose almost sole job for the last few years has been to manage expectations and fight off unions, to the detriment of the daily operation. The pilots thus far have mostly covered for them while they were busy with Ford and Harrison talking points...that will continue no longer.

Thank you to all the OC guys who had the balls to get this thing going again on their own, dealing with a group of pilots who initially seemed apathetic to their own well being and profession.

If you you were here for the last two votes you would have noticed a difference. The first time ALPA national was involved early and heavily. They got burnt and understandably didn't show a whole lot of interest the second time. From an outsider's perspective (non-OC) it appears that almost all the work was done locally by our OC, with ALPA getting involved only once the election started and to a much smaller extent. The OC single handily got this Union here, and they should be commended. If you don't work at Jetblue it is hard to understand what a feat it is/was to get this group to help themselves willingly. The facts were too hard and obvious to ignore this time.

My family and I appreciate all the hard work the OC did and to all the voters who took the time and effort to look at their career objectively and vote with their brain.

I know ALPA will not solve everything, but at least the mistakes and gains we make going forward will ours to own.

Sincere congratulations.

Pay very close attention to the people you elect. Ignore the glad handing sycophants. Kidnap, convince or strong arm the ones who don't beg for the job, but you know would be good at it. With some exceptions they'll be the ones that stand by you.

Latest resources

Back