jetBlue online app?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
text resume

If your resume is a word .doc, save it as a .txt file. Close and reopen it as a .txt file. Edit it from there. Fancy fonts, formats, and layout will not transfer. Work on getting all the meat in a readable text-only format. When you interview with jB, they have the printout of the resume you submitted online. They only have a few seconds to scan it before they start the questions. I don't think the interviewers even looked at the fancier resume I brought on paper because that was left with the logbook screeners. They may have looked at it later. Hope that helps and good luck. -- dgs

You can also keep the resume as a word file and simply align all of the bullets on the left margin. Include a space between all major bullets so that they don't automatically run together during the html encoding process.

As the previous writer said, take out ALL special fonts and symbols--they just don't transfer correctly and you won't need them anyway.

Save the word doc, copy and paste into the resume box. Then edit it within the resume entry box to make sure it looks somewhat symmetrical (sp?) and send it on it's merry way.

This is much easier than you think, and it looks just fine when complete.

Good luck!

Something useful from Air Inc.

Before AIR Inc conference I did mine like EagleFlip. After AIR Inc I created one as a text file to be used just for these instances. I actually got hired by jetBlue without a resume in the optional block.

Good luck.

Also Dean Melonas keeps saying that a new online app is due in Jan that will allow updating and everyone will have to reapply.

Evil

In MSWord you can File-Save As and then change the file type in the bottom of the window.

Good luck,

Evil

computer literacy required

For those of you challenged by the online application process at jetBlue, you might want to consider another company. I'm not trying to be rude or elitist, but jetBlue is very serious about hiring computer-literate pilots. Their training program and almost all of their operations center around the laptop they issue you on day 3 of indoc. If you struggle on a computer, you may have a difficult time in training and subsequently on the job. Just a heads up so you are prepared. BTW, they ask you about your computer skills during the interview.

Here's a quote from an email from Mike Barger, jetBlue's chief of training to a new hire class:

"As a JetBlue pilot, you will be provided a laptop computer on Wednesday of your first week. This is a high-end, business-user machine with all of the latest bells and whistles. This machine ... is the cornerstone of our virtually paperless airline. We have embraced and committed to the technology of our time and ask you to do the same. We provide this computer to you, not as a welcome aboard gift, but as the mechanism through which you will: accomplish all of your training (computer based training--CBT); maintain contact with the company (Microsoft Outlook e-mail); store, manage and access ALL of the JetBlue manuals (portable document format (.pdf)); search for technical A320 information via an HTML browser (currently Netscape Communicator) in our electronic Flight Crew Operating Manual (F.C.O.M.); and conduct on-board weight & balance and performance calculations through a system called O.P.S. (On-Board Performance System). Your laptop will employ the Windows 2000 operating system (based on NT technology--NT 5.0, if you prefer). I can assure you that your computer skills will be put to the test on a daily basis here at JetBlue. I submit, however, that none of the items listed above will create any significant hurdle for those of you with a working knowledge of a Windows operating environment, the Microsoft Office Suite, Netscape Navigator/Communicator or Internet Explorer, and some degree of exposure to any of the various Internet Service Providers (ISPs). If the preceding text reads like Greek to you, it would be wise to spend some time on a computer familiarizing or refamiliarizing yourself with the software I have listed. "

In reality, if you are on this board you have the skills required to get through the program. Hey, I made it through. If you aren't ace-of-the-base when it comes to computers, then you will definately learn something new, not just in Miami, but when you hit the line. But then again, isn't that what it's all about?

As far as the resume, I just put it in there, and it came out all jumbled, and still got hired. Of course that was back when everybody else was going into that interview with multiple options. But still, not having a mastery of Word will not give you a black mark.

computer literacy

I'm current and qualified on the A320, with over 3000 hours on the aircraft, I have been flying the aircraft longer than jetBlue has been in existence, I probably know more about the Airbus than most jetBlue check airman and my expertise with the MCDU would make most jetBlue new hire's heads spin. Now let me get this straight...because I am not an expert with MS Office Suite or I don't waste my life surfing the internet I wouldn't make it through training? Well maybe DGS is right I don't want to work for a short sighted outfit like jetBlue!

Well "Mr. Aviation" you posted a very insightful reading. It goes to prove once again that experience means absolutely nothing if a person's attitude is poisoned like yours.

Some advice for you: If you want to excel as an airline pilot, you need to balance your technical abilities with a sound understanding of the business, and how airlines operate. Your statement that jetBlue is "shortsighted" demonstrates to me that you don't know the first iota about the company, or what it has accomplished in its short tenure.

I'm sure that our exceptional team at pilot recruitment saw you coming from a mile away and sent your file to the appropriate place.

BTW, our check airman collectively do not have to say "excuse me" to anyone in the industry when it comes to their expertise and experience on the A320. However, what makes them truly exceptional is their great attitude and desire to teach our less experienced pilots.

Latest resources

Back