• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

jetBlue Lifestyle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Like I said, I hope JB does a better job with this system than United. Hopefully pilots retain some control over hiring; in our industry there seems to be a gradual process of HR people taking over and implementing their social agenda rather than hiring the most qualified or best-suited pilot. But don't get me wrong; the company has the right to hire using whatever method they want. It's part of the game. And it's why some airlines in the recent hiring boom were not selecting the best candidates among those they had to choose from.

Now; on to another point. You mentioned that JB require 1000 PIC in aircraft greater than 20,000 lbs. Is this a new requirement? The website (which I understand is being revised) mentions only 1000 total hours in such aircraft; not PIC. The 1000 PIC requirement I see does not list a weight limit, only that it be turbine. If JB are instituting a new minimum of 1000 PIC in aircraft over 20,000 lbs., it would seem to me they are eliminating many regional and corporate pilots from consideration.

Last edited:
Reepicheep:

You're correct....the requirement, as posted on the website, is 1,000 hours PIC turbine only. The 20K lb requirement is for 1,000 hours, either PIC and/or SIC. I'm sure DGS "misspoke" on that one.

I will back up what he has said in his previous posts; jetBlue has some excellent people in charge of hiring its pilots. I've been extremely impressed with the quality of new hires (thats all of us!). The most important thing I've noticed about all of them is their attitude and willingness to go the extra mile for the customer and fellow employees.

If you want to be part of the jetBlue team, then throw your hat into the ring. If it doesn't work out then it was most likely for the best, for both you and the airline. Best of luck to you !

To those at ACA who have taken me home/to work on many occasions, THANK YOU. I was with two of your crews on Sept. 11th and watched it all happen in ops that day. Seeing that I was stranded with them, they even offered to share their room with me. They are ALWAYS courteous and Kind about their jumpseats and always eager to help out. I hope that some of you come over to JB sometime soon.

THANKS AGAIN GUYS/GALS!!!

Now about this "selectee" stuff!!:eek:

Sounds great!

DGS, Side Stick-N, Speedbird and others -

Thanks for your words. jB does sound like a unique opportunity in the industry. Flew on the airline for the first time 'bout a month ago and I couldn't get over how professional and friendly everyone was from check-in through landing, including corporate HQ folks and pilots I met.

Good-on-ya!

Any other info, such as, what did your work schedule look like this month, would be great to hear. The preferential bid system sounds great, as do all other aspects of your company. I also understand they are ANG/Reserve-friendly?

Thanks again, and I certainly welcome any other comments, insight, etc.

Fly safe and good luck to all!

Shaggy

my bad

Sorry for the confusion. Obviously, I was getting the turbine PIC and the 20,000 lb requirement mixed up. I should have looked more closely before I put it in print online. Our hiring process is being carefully overseen by our chief pilot and from what I've seen they are doing a great job dealing with the candidates and balancing all their priorities. The people they hire now will define the future of this airline and that's not a responsibility they take lightly.

Latest resources

Back