Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LOR's

Jake,

Just do the company and address at the top of the letter and a generic "To Whom it May Concern". That's usuaully the safest way to approach those.

The letters can't be more than a year old. You may bring 3 letters, but by the time they get through with those 3 (they'll ask those 3 for more references of folks you've flown with) they'll probably have spoken to 5 or 6 folks. Make sure those people are willing to spend about a half hour on the phone.

They talked to 5 folks about me and they all said it was if they were being interviewed. They don't want the canned, "He's the next Chuck Yeager." They'll ask extreme specifics concerning your integrity and your character. They definitely want people who truly know you and your values. This is the one of they ensure they're getting the type of pilot that will furthur the values of the company in their day to day interaction with fellow employees and passengers.

Best of luck

FYI...I addressed my 3 letters to Ann Rhodes, since she was the person in charge of personnel at the time. Made the letters more personal than "to whom it may concern".

Also might send a CC to Eagleflip. He'll be taking over soon...:D

Albie

Latest resources

Back