• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue application window is open

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually, JB is a business and does try to control cost by squeezing the employees through their benefits. This is becoming the norm in corporate America, welcome to Obamacare.
Ahhh...no.

"Welcome to Republican anti-labor/anti-unionism" is what you should have written. Democrats have traditionally been on the side of Labor, while Republicans have not. Just ask Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R).

Ahhh yes!
Both party's are no help to our profession buy this administration takes the cake along with our Cadillac benefit plans.
Now go and cry with your Representative Nancy Pelosi, Please:puke:

Actually, JB is a business and does try to control cost by squeezing the employees through their benefits. This is becoming the norm in corporate America, welcome to Obamacare.

Very true. Many pilots I speak with have no idea what typical insurance coverage is nowadays. Now if you're talking gov't employee that's one thing...But everyone else has seen a marked decline in coverage with increasing cost.

Ahhh...no.

"Welcome to Republican anti-labor/anti-unionism" is what you should have written. Democrats have traditionally been on the side of Labor, while Republicans have not. Just ask Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R).

"Ahhh...no," right back atcha.

While Democrats may have "traditionally been on the side of labor," in the case being discussed (airline pilots and the industry), the Democrats don't give two sh1ts for you or me, or our profession in general. We make too much money for them to be seen "helping" us, and exist in too few numbers for them to give a crap if we vote for them. Neither party ever does anything to improve our lives, labor relations, or bargaining ability.

And, as Waveflyer used to point out, Herb and many other airline CEOs (I guess we can add RA to that list) have identified as Democrats, and they still seem to keep squeezing the employees to pad their own pocketbooks. Shocker. You'd think a good Democrat would realize how valuable and important we are as "labor," and just shower us with money.

The fact of the matter is that only thing Democratic politicians have ever done for us (airline pilots) is to raise our taxes, exert more regulations and control over our personal lives, and then raise our taxes some more. That's pretty much it. That's all we are to them--a source to be endlessly tapped for more money. And to be honest, I would just as soon do without that kind of "help."

Hey, you want to keep electing Democratic lawmakers, then knock yourself out. But if you really believe that doing so will improve your life, then you are either certifiable, or are just lying to yourself and us.

Bubba

Quote:
Originally Posted by B6Driver
Ya, that's me.
Lucky bastid!

That's funny. When we all got furloughed years ago, I don't recall anyone saying that. So instead I like to point out those recall rights were earned. Not luck.

Tail

Latest resources

Back