Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

crjdude

Jetblue...

What can someone conservatively/realistically expect to make year 5?

Trying to sale the Wife on a change...

Thanks

$120-130K/year based on current agreement. Fingers crossed...by the time you hit year 5 we have a decent contract.

Year 4 last year I made $108k and I am one lazy bastard. I dump my line to min credit and never pick up ANYTHING. There are FO's at my seniority that make WAY more.

My milage is similar. Last year was half 3rd and half 4th year pay and made $102k as a 190 FO and I flew min credit and commute. This year; half 4th and half 5th year pay I am looking at $140k give or take a few thousand as a 320 FO working min credit and getting 16-17 days off/mo. Disclaimer: I sold back 100hrs of PTO on Jan 8 at time and a half. So that was an extra $16k in one check. This also includes the $3k in profit sharing we got this year. Company 401k contributions this year will be about $16k.

Upgrades are currently less than 4 years on both airplanes so In theory you could be making in the vicinity of $180-$200k/year as an airbus capt by your 5th year on property assuming things stay the same. We will most likely have a new CBA in 5 years with rates similar to AA so I would say $150k/yr as a 320 FO will be easily achievable. Also willing to bet better reserve rules in a CBA will jump upgrade up to 7 years on the 320 vs. 4. Just my guess though.

Last edited:
My milage is similar. Last year was half 3rd and half 4th year pay and made $102k as a 190 FO and I flew min credit and commute. This year; half 4th and half 5th year pay I am looking at $140k give or take a few thousand as a 320 FO working min credit and getting 16-17 days off/mo. Disclaimer: I sold back 100hrs of PTO on Jan 8 at time and a half. So that was an extra $16k in one check. This also includes the $3k in profit sharing we got this year. Company 401k contributions this year will be about $16k.

Upgrades are currently less than 4 years on both airplanes so In theory you could be making in the vicinity of $180-$200k/year as an airbus capt by your 5th year on property assuming things stay the same. We will most likely have a new CBA in 5 years with rates similar to AA so I would say $150k/yr as a 320 FO will be easily achievable. Also willing to bet better reserve rules in a CBA will jump upgrade up to 7 years on the 320 vs. 4. Just my guess though.

Don't fall into the Southwest trap......this looks like another SWA "show you my W2" opportunity.:beer:

Latest resources

Back