Jetblue 2nd Quarter profit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RiddleEagle18

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/JetBlue-Announces-Second-prnews-2283564183.html?x=0&.v=1

25 million second quarter profit.

Highlights

* Operating income for the quarter was $86 million, resulting in a 7.5% operating margin, compared to operating income of $95 million and a 10.2% operating margin in the second quarter of 2010.

* Pre-tax income of $43 million in the second quarter. This compares to pre-tax income of $52 million in the second quarter of 2010.

* Net income for the second quarter was $25 million, or $0.08 per diluted share. This compares to JetBlue's second quarter 2010 net income of $31 million, or $0.10 per diluted share.

BTW in the conference call they announced that they have sold 11 of the future e190 delivery slots. This is inline with the announcement to cap the deleveries at 75 from a projected 100. Currently 42 in the fleet.

Straight from the COO today..

Some of the more involved heavy checks are coming in OVER double the initial estimated cost due to extra required work.

The love fest with Embraer is way over...

Jetblue, the "Launch" customer of the E190 with 100 orders and 100 options.
Now looking to limit it to 75 as previously mentioned.
The cost of oil didn't help either.

We were also told in class today:
The great price that we got on the 190's was based on takeing 100 of them. For each delivery that we differ(sp) the aircract price goes up significantly. So many of the 190's we are now takeing are costing just a few million less than an Airbus. Also the heavy checks are comeing in around the same price as the airbus heavy checks. So no, these prices are not makeing Dave and company very happy with EMB at all.

WWWhhhaaatttttt! You mean to tell me a managment team messed up with their projections,,,inconceivable..(sarcasm)

I like JB, have always wanted to work there, but I do think it's funny that all these managers (all companies) actually believe what the listed performance/costs are with an airplane.... They need to start asking pilots more about performance of a/c.. We seem to be the only ones who know the "real" numbers...

Maybe that's because we're the ones who actually fly them....Like I always say....probably 70% of pilots can do managements job, but hardly any managers can do our jobs.. We need to keep that in mind

When jb sent the engineering pilot team down to Brazil there was a large list of corrections that needed to be made. The recomendation from the pilot team was to fix, then take the planes. Nealmans response was you'll take them now. We can fix them later.

Even with this being said. It is true the 190 might not be liveing up to exactly what embraer said it would(shocker), but when you have 90 people that need to go from bvt-jfk, buf-jfk, pwm-jfk, bos-jfk etc. etc. the 190 is still cheaper to lease and operate than a bus. So it does serve a certain purpose very well.

Even with this being said. It is true the 190 might not be liveing up to exactly what embraer said it would(shocker), but when you have 90 people that need to go from bvt-jfk, buf-jfk, pwm-jfk, bos-jfk etc. etc. the 190 is still cheaper to lease and operate than a bus. So it does serve a certain purpose very well.

Ya I think it is a good plane for the northeast high frequency business routes, low volume short haul like you stated, and for the Caribbean. I assume the company had higher expectations for using it out west (which they tried) and on longer stage lengths (JFK-AUS). Ive heard that it will be limited to 800 mile flights from here on out. Beyond that it cant get the job done.

Latest resources

Back