Jet Blue PIC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flynsafe

Jet Blue minimums state 1000 PIC turbine. Can anyone tell me if that is FAR Part 1, and do they have a conversion factor for military time? Thanks.

I don't have absolute knowledge about this, but I think you can safely assume that JB is looking for FAR Part 1 PIC time. Part 61 time just isn't indicative of command experience. There is no conversion factor for military time. That's because JB dropped the mins last year to better accommodate military pilot applicants. Military pilots are very much desired at JB in order to provide a good mix of flying backgrounds among the pilots, so you'll get a fair shake.

guys,
another qual to note is that they want 1000 hrs in aircraft over 20,000 lbs. this kills me; ive got almost 3000 hrs in Falcon 10s (19300 lbs).

I'm wondering about this too

Does anybody know how firm this requirement is?

I have no jet time but 3000 hours in the SA227 (16000#).:rolleyes:

Mar,

It's *real* firm. As far as I know, there have been no exceptions. JB is not exactly hurting for applicants. Sorry, man.

No, there's no requirement for 1000 hrs PIC in a/c over 20,000 lbs, so it can't be firm. There are two 1000 hr requirements:

1000 hrs turbine PIC in airplanes
1000 hrs in airplanes over 20,000 lbs max TO wt

Don't confuse the two. It's possible to have 1000 PIC in Caravans and 1000 SIC in SF-340's and meet both requirements. How competitive (or not) that makes you is another question.

Thanks Jeff G. for the clarification on the 1000HRs over 20,000#. It appears from a previous post you made on this 20,000# requirement, JB is sticking to the 1,000HRS. Any feed back on people not quit meeting the 1,000HRS, but having an overall fairly competative resume i.e. 121 experience, lots of turbine and jet time.

I know 2 furloughed guys from my airline that interviewed in Dec. and are keeping there fingers crossed for the good news. Quit an impressive operation from what they tell me.

Appreciate the info.

Sorry, guy. From what I understand, if you have 999 hrs, you might as well have 0. The cutoff is arbitrary, but firm. In all honesty, there are so many applicants out there with so much more experience than the minimums, it doesn't make sense to make the minimums "fuzzy". I heard that the latest interview group of former airline pilots (excluding military, etc.) was made up of nothing but pilots with significant time in the Airbus. There were so many qualified applicants that the cutoff had to be made according to how much time *in type* they had. And of course, they all had significantly more than 1000 hrs PIC and 20K+ time. So at this moment, it doesn't matter much whether you split hairs to eke over the edge. It's humbling how competitive it's gotten.

All that said, do NOT give up. You just never know how the selection process will pan out next month, or what criteria will make the difference. This is still a very young company, and they're still trying to hone the process. It's very much a work in progress. Besides, it doesn't cost you a dime to apply, or to update. It's probably worth your time. Good luck!

Latest resources

Back