• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JB rumors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just saw this on NBC Nightly News. Pretty sure it's already been discussed elsewhere in this thread. Don't have the desire or patience to search for it.

JetBlue just reduced seat pitch to cram more miserable passengers into their flying torture machines. Congrats, JetBlue. You're now another fully-fledged sh1tbag scheduled-airline dis-service provider.

On a lighter note, they say your seatback tv screens will be bigger. Whoop-ti-freakin-do :rolleyes:

Just saw this on NBC Nightly News. Pretty sure it's already been discussed elsewhere in this thread. Don't have the desire or patience to search for it.

JetBlue just reduced seat pitch to cram more miserable passengers into their flying torture machines. Congrats, JetBlue. You're now another fully-fledged sh1tbag scheduled-airline dis-service provider.

On a lighter note, they say your seatback tv screens will be bigger. Whoop-ti-freakin-do :rolleyes:

Slim line seats allow more seats and we still have the most legroom in coach. Hope that rant made you feel good though.

Doing a little math. Using the pilot/plane model we have now. Our current deliveries put us about a 4600 pilot group by 2023. Tack on the fact that a CBA will change our staffing model drastically I would say by 2023 we are a 5000 pilot group. This assumes a few things, but I would bet its pretty accurate. Now if we are still JB in 8 years is the million dollar question that none of us know.

Doing a little math. Using the pilot/plane model we have now. Our current deliveries put us about a 4600 pilot group by 2023. Tack on the fact that a CBA will change our staffing model drastically I would say by 2023 we are a 5000 pilot group. This assumes a few things, but I would bet its pretty accurate. Now if we are still JB in 8 years is the million dollar question that none of us know.

Does that assume the E90 deliveries are growth aircraft?

Slim line seats allow more seats and we still have the most legroom in coach. Hope that rant made you feel good though.

I'm guessing, based on "RiddleEagle18" that you're a fellow Riddle alumni. Me? December '95. You?

So, with much respect, I have to respond. Please don't disrespect me by calling my post a "rant". I'm not trying to be smug here, but you've displayed a real propensity towards Management by immediately dismissing my observation as a "rant". You'd be much better served by calling my observation "customer feedback" (since I'm regularly tortured by airline travel to meet my airplane/or travel home from my airplane).

I'm 47 years old. Been lifting weights consistently since I was 12. As such, I'm a bit wider than the "average" European-descent Caucasian. So pitch is of little concern to me. "Elbow/shoulder room" is what concerns me. This is what makes the Airbus and Embraer products the "products of choice" for me. Boing just sucks.

When I'm ticketed on Southworst or one of the Regional Operators, on the Gawd Damn "RJ-Whatever", I'm assured of a backache that lasts two days and a gate-check-nightmare with my roll-aboard. JetBlue, thank goodness, operates mostly Airbus products. I haven't travelled with JetBlue on the E-Jet yet, so I'm not sure what your policy is for full sized roll aboards. Since my work rotation is 15 days minimum, my roll-aboard is stuffed with 15 days worth of clothes. Won't fit in the overhead on the E-Jet.

My apologies if my earlier post came off as a rant, but slim-line seats are my worst nightmare. Hope this clears things up!

Forgive Aft for his rant. You see, he's a Jets fan which, by default, makes him a miserable person these days!

Cheer up, Sweaty D!

Hahahahaha!!!!!

This is new since I was typing my original post! Yes, I'm a miserable Jets fan :crying:

What the heck happened? I have all of JB's mins beat... Mostly DOUBLED... What's it going to take to get a call from your HR department???

I submitted my stuff PROMPTLY last time your window was open!?!?

edit to add: I accept... No, I EMBRACE "Sweaty Dave"! I earned it during the South-Florida Lear days (2001-ish), reinforced it during the Piaggio days ('07-shutdown). If JB ever calls, I'm sure it'll keep on, keepin' on!

Last edited:
Maybe you should reread your post. I guess calling the airline a "fully fledged sh1tbag scheduled-airline dis-service provider" isnt a rant?

You can always ask to be booked on an airline that offers more leg room and amenities for free? There still isnt one even with the changes though. Dont bother watching the free tv or browsing the free internet next time since its so sh1tbag.

Your roller board will fit fine on the 190 sideways if fits on the airbus wheels first and if it doesnt fit wheels first on the bus then honestly it needs to be checked anyways.

By the way the new seats ranked higher in pax comfort than the old ones so I hope you continue to enjoy our torture machines.

My post was a little harsh but we are still giving the customer more than what they continue to ask for.

Notice I said what they ask for not what they want. They ask for it with how and where they spend their money and they werent willing to pay a large enough premium to validate what we offered.

Plan and simple as that. Dont be pissed at JB be pissed at the traveling public.

Last edited:
Maybe you should reread your post. I guess calling the airline a "fully fledged sh1tbag scheduled-airline dis-service provider" isnt a rant?

I didn't call JB a "fully fledged sh1tbag scheduled-airline dis-service provider". ALL scheduled airlines are dis-service torture machines. JB is the best of the bunch, but overall, they all suck.

You can always ask to be booked on an airline that offers more leg room and amenities for free? There still isnt one even with the changes though. Dont bother watching the free tv or browsing the free internet next time since its so sh1tbag.

I don't get to ask for anything. I get stuck on whatever our support staff condemns me to riding on. The Airbus and Embraer products that JB utilizes are FAR superior from a passenger comfort standpoint. Not my opinion, my friend, that's fact.

Your roller board will fit fine on the 190 sideways if fits on the airbus wheels first and if it doesnt fit wheels first on the bus then honestly it needs to be checked anyways.

My roll-aboard will NOT fit in the 190's overhead. Head-first, wheels-first, greased with KY... NOTHING'S GONNA MAKE IT FIT WITH 15 days worth of stuff in the bag. Trust me.

By the way the new seats ranked higher in pax comfort than the old ones so I hope you continue to enjoy our torture machines.

I've already disclosed the fact that I'm WAYYY wider than the average European-descent Caucasian. Our African-descent friends must be equally miserable. Only our Asian-descent Cousins are going to fit comfortably in the run-of-the-mill airline seat. It's a little more tolerable (for the European and African-descent folks) in JB's Airbus and Embraer seating. For the Asian-descent folks it must be downright Cadillac-like! :)

If you haven't figured it out, I'm trying to get on at JB. I don't sugar-coat my feelings. Cramming passengers in a vessel that would make a bus driver ashamed is no way to do business. Thus the reason that I've flown Private and 135 all these years...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back