Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I've been reminded how much Logbook Pro completely sucks, Alternatives please.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let me make sure I understand this.

You imported data. The template was applied incorrectly.

You had to change it all back?

My question is why didn't you back up your logbook before the import?

I have always had a backup, so yes I could have restored from the backup. That was not necessary though as I just deleted all the entries in bulk that were screwed up while I tried it a few times to figure out what the problem was. The problem is that Logbook pro would not import the data correctly.

Here's the jist..

Logbookamateur has a formatting error that is not customizable concerning the consistency between two different data fields. Total Duration and PIC. Import converts total duration values into hundredths i.e. 1.07, even though you only see 1.1 when looking at the field. Their is an auto transfer of data that occurs when you double click on the PIC field, and other fields which assumes you want to apply the Duration data to the field you are clicking on. The problem is that when you do this, even though the duration field still exists in hundredths (.00) it only transfers to the new field as tenths (.0). It does this via rounding, and in the case of total duration being 1.07, you click on the pic field and it transfers it as 1.1. Then genius logbook pro pops us an error that PIC can not be larger (1.1) than duration (1.07)

Why in the world would you have to do this to 250 new entries? Because logbookamateur, which is fully updated and on a pc that is flawless, fails to properly apply the duration number to the pic field even though it is told to do so in settings.

I think logbook pro has been designed by microsoft. They forgot to make their product work while going on to things that are fancy and unnecessary.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Safelog. It's more complete than Logbook Pro, easier to use, better looking, and has more options. I've been using it as my only logbook since 2004. It does have an Iphone version too.

Last edited:
I can't believe nobody has mentioned Safelog. It's more complete than Logbook Pro, easier to use, better looking, and has more options. I've been using it as my only logbook since 2004. It does have an Iphone version too.

I've tried it and wasn't too impressed with it. Plus I think Safelog locks you out of your data once your license expires...

Latest resources

Back