Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I've been reminded how much Logbook Pro completely sucks, Alternatives please.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
by using the mac/iphone software, isnt that assuming you will always have an iphone or Mac for the rest of your flying career? sure would suck to have to start all over again because one day you have to change software programs... but a paper book lasts forever... unless you lose it... or it gets stolen... better make copies every time you fill a page!

I thought of this because I always have used Microsoft Money for my accounts until now they have discontinued it and I'm having to learn Quicken... which sucks... cause I don't know how to use it.

Back on the subject, I'm still doing the computer logs in addition to the paper book and I have a Mac and iPhone so my question is... does the logten program keep all the information on the airplanes separate from the flight log so you don't have to fill a "turbine" or a "complex" or "multi" or whatever column and then it can tell you how much PIC high performance multiengine night cross country time you had in 1842 with out having to create an actual "PIC HP ME night XC" column (i just made that up).... if anyone knows this feature about logbook pro I am talking about, could they let me know if LogtenPro has the same or similar functionality?

Basically... Logbook Pro seams good at pulling out info to answer those "how much blah blah blah time do you have" questions that you seem to have not kept a column for in your logbook. Does LogtenPro do as good a job?

thanks

Remember that BOTH Logbook Pro and LogtenPro will export all their data to excel formats, tab del. formats or even simple .txt formats, so even if both companies go out of business and/or you completely change programs, you will be able to import your data into pretty much ANY new program that comes up. At the very least, it will import into Excel, which will probably be around for a very long time. Also, both of these programs have excellent back-up and printing options that make handwritten paper logbooks unnecessary. In fact, I keep a printed copy in a safe, and I email a backup copy to myself so if my house burns down AND my computer is destroyed or stolen, my data is still safe on my email server.

To your other question, LogTen pro actually takes it's Aircraft data from online databases(i.e. it knows that a CRJ2 is a turbine aircraft, and will always log it as such.) As a user of both programs, I can safely say that LogTen Pro does whatever Logbook Pro does just as well, if not better.

Another vote for Logbook Pro sucking a s s..

I switched to Logten.

When I exported from LogbookPro to a csv and imported into LogTen, my total time went down 14 hours (8300+ tt). I then opened the csv in Excel for the mac and Excel for the PC. The totals in both Excels and LogTen matched... All my times over the years were imported in hours.decimals to one decimal place... How can LogbookPro not add #.# correctly?

Threadjack here but it seems like a good place to ask this. I am in the process of converting from LB pro to logten. Using LB pro i just loged a days worth of flying on each line with the total flying for the day and the city pairs. I would like to continue this but logten wants to log each leg. Does anybody know how to do this?

Excel spreadsheet

this is what I did some moons ago. Not as polished as a commerically available product, but if you are decent with formulas, it works okay. Obivously none of the extras, but it suffices.

Geez, its hel entering all that data. problem is, I wouldnt trust anyone else to do the data entry accurately for a few bucks.

Threadjack here but it seems like a good place to ask this. I am in the process of converting from LB pro to logten. Using LB pro i just loged a days worth of flying on each line with the total flying for the day and the city pairs. I would like to continue this but logten wants to log each leg. Does anybody know how to do this?

use the city pairs as the Route. use starting departure as the From, use the last arrival as the To.

Example: From: MSO, To: ORD, Route: DEN,YYC,DEN,CLE
(which translates to MSO-DEN-YYC-DEN-CLE-ORD for one entry/date)

I have nothing but good things to say about Logbook Pro, been a user for a few years and love it.

Same thing here Mach Tuck. I have been using them for over a decade and love the program. No complaints here....Plus they don't hit you for fees every couple of years to keep access to your data...

I tried dealing with them when I bought their software. There was an issue with their software and instead of helping me they said that I could buy another software package from them. They stood by their stance of no refunds - they mean it. Logbook Pro sucks.

There's has to me more to that story...Do tell...

Nope, nothing more to it. Had a problem with their software, told them I wanted them to send me a new disk and they said that I would have to purchase a new one. I told them I wanted a refund then and they said nope - they have a no refund policy. Imagine a company that has a no refund policy. Do not buy from this crook.

Nope, nothing more to it. Had a problem with their software, told them I wanted them to send me a new disk and they said that I would have to purchase a new one. I told them I wanted a refund then and they said nope - they have a no refund policy. Imagine a company that has a no refund policy. Do not buy from this crook.

What disc? All their software can be downloaded right from their website for FREE.

BTW most software companies have the same policy including Microsoft and Apple.

Getting discs in the mail!? Wow.

PEBKAC.

Just configure the Autofill and Time input/display settings.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back