Is Mesa cat II certified?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

asayankee

Trying to get on a flight to IAD with RVR 2200 and captain comes out and says they can't go and have to wait out the weather. Are they not Cat II authorized?

It's a TDY assignment so I'm forced to wait on the United stuff. Wouldn't break my heart if it cancelled and I got to go home.... It's just a question of how long this thing gets drug out.

Not meant to be disparaging toward Mesa pilots, obviously they don't make the decision for their airline to seek CATII approval or not, but why the hell would an airline contract to fly a jet with a carrier that isn't CATII!?

Come on, multi-million dollar aircraft that have the landing capability of a Cessna 150. Unbelievable.

2200 RVR??? Many approaches allow CAT 1 to go down to 1800RVR using an AP/FD.... I don't have IAD plates in from of me.

Not meant to be disparaging toward Mesa pilots, obviously they don't make the decision for their airline to seek CATII approval or not, but why the hell would an airline contract to fly a jet with a carrier that isn't CATII!?

Come on, multi-million dollar aircraft that have the landing capability of a Cessna 150. Unbelievable.

Might be the training cost.... How many CATII's do you shoot a year on the east coast?

Latest resources

Back