iPad flight bags?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Expressjet will start this spring.

I just saw the official email from the program manager (from one of the test pilots),

JustaNumber.

Who is the program manager for the EFB's

701EV

Well, I'm guessing you are wrong, but hey, maybe negativity works for most people.

Hey I'm not being negative, T. I'm being realistic. No one doubts that we are getting efb's because jeppesen no longer even makes paper charts. The company has to pay a premium for them. What I'm saying is take whatever date they throw at you and and a couple months. Kind of like the new checklists that were supposed to come out in February....of 2014.

And it's not you I'm critical of, as you being an IP I'm sure you're involved in the testing and have insider info. It's the people in the GO that I don't have faith in. That's the most depressing, unenthusiastic, pathetic group of lepers this side of downtown Atlanta. I want to hang myself just stopping in to use the restroom in that place.

Last edited:
Hey I'm not being negative, T. I'm being realistic. No one doubts that we are getting efb's because jeppesen no longer even makes paper charts. The company has to pay a premium for them. What I'm saying is take whatever date they throw at you and and a couple months. Kind of like the new checklists that were supposed to come out in February....of 2014.

And it's not you I'm critical of, as you being an IP I'm sure you're involved in the testing and have insider info. It's the people in the GO that I don't have faith in. That's the most depressing, unenthusiastic, pathetic group of lepers this side of downtown Atlanta. I want to hang myself just stopping in to use the restroom in that place.

Oh, everyone's frustrations here are warranted somewhat. But the facts on how things get done are usually different than the ones people assume. The biggest hold ups in these instances, like acars, EFB's, etc are not a bunch of unenthusiastic dolts at the GO. It's actually quite opposite. There are a lot of sharp, smart, hard workers over there that are in charge of these projects. They are pushing hard every day. I think some people get the idea that they just don't feel like getting stuff done or are just out to piss us off. Untrue. In the matter of EFB, the biggest hold up to the implementation is Skywest holding tight to the purse strings and FAA oversight. The Feds slow things down like you can't imagine. But a rumor gets out that the EFB's will start by such a and such date, and when it doesn't people blast management. They are as frustrated as anyone.

Now, it's true our old director CT, was not quite a visionary with this program, our new one BS, is. He is desperately wanting to get this out! In fact, he wants our platform to be the top in the industry. Those people shaping the program are pushing Skywest for much more capital investment, because they want an even better device, that has many more useful capabilities that nobody, including Delta has. Sometimes, doing it better/correct takes more time. But I assure you, it's not because of a bunch of idiots over at ATech.

CT was the idiot who ran XJT into the shi*tter and BH allowed him to. Best thing ever was CT getting the hell out of the way, and then BH 'retiring'! BS is an honest person and has always been helpful since his days in the Tng Dept and the positions he has held. A good man.

If it's not too late now......we have good people in place that care and want to suceed more than anything.

program manager (from one of the test pilots), QUOTE]

Test pilots! That title has always cracked me up, like they're the Chuck Yeager of ASA. How about they're airline pilots just checking out an RJ, a job any of us could do. My God that head "test pilot" even walks around like he's a star! Talk about inflated egos. :)

program manager (from one of the test pilots), QUOTE]

Test pilots! That title has always cracked me up, like they're the Chuck Yeager of ASA. How about they're airline pilots just checking out an RJ, a job any of us could do. My God that head "test pilot" even walks around like he's a star! Talk about inflated egos. :)

They're testing the EFB's you tard. My god you get denser every post.

I'm referring to the 2-3 who are called 'test' pilots, you dummy. Guess you don't know who they are or what I'm referring to huh.

He meant an efb test pilot. You have a serious learning disability. If I knew you personally I'd be concerned.

Latest resources

Back