• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

iPad as an EFB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have had several clients come through groundschool and the simulator recently that have iPads for EFBS. Several were approved through their local FSDO and POI's for 135 Ops. Some guys have had their iPad overs converted/tailored to be attached as kneeboards.

Pretty Neat and extremely handy. Most of them had either Ultra Nav and APG, with Foreflight as well.

Anyone use the ipad internationally with Jepp? Haven't looked into ICAO requirements. I'd imagine printing off the charts as well would help any "legal" issues?

i have used it on some trips over there. same as here. i like using ipad with jepptc as it's faster than the g550 integrated charts. i use them all though.

Would like to hear from guys using ForeFlight and JeppTC.

Are you guys finding it a pain in the a$$ switching between the two apps?
I stopped using my checklist on the iPad because it's a pain clicking out of ForeFlight, and then clicking on the iBooks icon to get to my checklist.
Also, I'm waiting for jeppTC to get Geographical referencing before I switch over.

I'm holding out hope that Jepp will realize the value of Foreflight and buy them out and then replace the NOS charts with there own.

Last edited:
Would like to hear from guys using ForeFlight and JeppTC.

Are you guys finding it a pain in the a$$ switching between the two apps?
I stopped using my checklist on the iPad because it's a pain clicking out of ForeFlight, and then clicking on the iBooks icon to get to my checklist.
Also, I'm waiting for jeppTC to get Geographical referencing before I switch over.

I'm holding out hope that Jepp will realize the value of Foreflight and buy them out and then replace the NOS charts with there own.

Try double clicking the home button. This lets you switch between apps without going back to the home screen. For example, if you are using foreflight and want to get back to your checklist in ibooks just double click the home button while using foreflight and it will show you the open apps at the bottom of the screen. Now tap the ibooks icon and it will bring you back to your checklist.

Other options are Aircheck and Foreflight Checklist. Of the two apps, I prefer Aircheck.

Latest resources

Back