Interview Prep

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

waterskier

I am trying to prepare for a potential interview @ the majors. I have been stuck @ the regionals for 10 years now, & ready to move on. Reviewing the tech stuff is easy. In my opinion, the hardest part is the HR.
I have found several interview prep companies on the web.
Does anybody have any opinions on these or other companies.
Emerald coast
Cage interview prep
E-Interview
Aero Crew Solutions

I am trying to prepare for a potential interview @ the majors. I have been stuck @ the regionals for 10 years now, & ready to move on. Reviewing the tech stuff is easy. In my opinion, the hardest part is the HR.
I have found several interview prep companies on the web.
Does anybody have any opinions on these or other companies.
Emerald coast
Cage interview prep
E-Interview
Aero Crew Solutions

Emerald Coast hands down. Good luck!

Waste of time and money. Just read the Cheryl Cage interview tips for success and the corresponding pilot technical interview book. HR is the EASY portion. They just want to see you be you, and that's what gets a lotta guys. Fakers, egos, too serious, Captain gods, Captain FOs, arrogance, etc.

Just you be you. Let yourself be no different than you are. Be honest, be nice, truthful, and don't make it look like you are hiding something or being somebody you're not.

Waste of time and money. Just read the Cheryl Cage interview tips for success and the corresponding pilot technical interview book. HR is the EASY portion. They just want to see you be you, and that's what gets a lotta guys. Fakers, egos, too serious, Captain gods, Captain FOs, arrogance, etc.

Just you be you. Let yourself be no different than you are. Be honest, be nice, truthful, and don't make it look like you are hiding something or being somebody you're not.
Yea that is why the HR person asks "Why did you get a C in Differential Equations in the Spring of 1963?" Just to make you feel comfortable. I answered it was a hard course and I had worked hard to get that grade. Only to be followed by "Do you always settle for average?"

Yea that is why the HR person asks "Why did you get a C in Differential Equations in the Spring of 1963?" Just to make you feel comfortable. I answered it was a hard course and I had worked hard to get that grade. Only to be followed by "Do you always settle for average?"

I have heard of those confrontational interview stories. It seems those are increasingly going away. For better or worse. The old adage "if you cant hold it together while being browbeaten during an interview how are you gonna handle an engine fire and pitot static failure at the same time?"

Even the old Continental Express interviews were VERY aggressive and demeaning in some ways.

Looks like its evolving

Not exactly a new resource, but "Airline Pilot Interviews" by Irv Jasinski worked for me.

Read it 3 or 4 times and followed its advice as closely as I could.

Best 20 bucks I ever spent.

Good luck.

LOL! I think I had a B in differential equations, but anyway I cant think of an airline today that requires you to being a college transcript. Those questions are them trying to bust your balls, see how you react. Provide a cool, calm response and highlight your better side/subjects in college, and mention this as a weak one that you continuously tried to improve on.

LOL! I think I had a B in differential equations, but anyway I cant think of an airline today that requires you to being a college transcript. Those questions are them trying to bust your balls, see how you react. Provide a cool, calm response and highlight your better side/subjects in college, and mention this as a weak one that you continuously tried to improve on.

Delta requires a transcript.

Latest resources

Back