Internet flight planners...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ILLINI

I was wondering if there was an internet site somewhere out there that could do all of your flight planning for you? You enter the aircraft performance along with departure and destination, and it gives you prefered routes, with DPs and STARS, times, distances, frequencies, weather for the route, the whole shabang? I know www.duat.com has something close, but I was looking for a little more.

I know this sounds like i'm lazy, but it would really save me lots of time. I'm going to have to plan several legs for a long flight VERY early in the morning this weekend. I'd appreciate it if anyone could let me know where I might find such an internet site. Also, is there a membership fee or is it free?

Thanks a bunch guys/gals!

I have to second fltplan.com, but it is a pay for service.

Landings.com has a free planner that is pretty good.

No cost to fltplan.com except the link to the flight tracker. Make sure you spell it right, flightplan.com was one site which now directs you to a different address and may be a pay service but fltplan.com has no cost (I don't know how any of these web sites do it - like this one last fall that had to do a fund raiser - support their advertisers!). You do have to register for fltplan.com and give legit info so that they can file flight plans for you.

Been messing with Fltplan.com its a pretty good sight but there is one problem that I have with it.

The winds aloft and its effect on TAS, they show it for various altitudes the only problem that the TAS is based on the alt that you selected earlier. So lets say you get 105 at 9000 it shows that you can take down the trip time by 8 mins by going to 5000, the only problem is that when you set it for 5000, your TAS drops by 5kts so now the trip takes 20 mins longer, and it shows that at 9000 it would take 12 more mins.

I just feel that if it uses preformace data it show compute the winds and the ETE based on the engine preformace at that altitude.

Just a little gripe but overall its a nice site. I think that the passenger briefings are a nice touch. Now they just have to add one that you can send out when they book the flight. That way they can find the airports FBO, and describe where they would be arriving for someone that doesn't know the airport.

Sometimes I have high hopes one of these days technology will be such that high hopes like that can be done relatively automaticlly.

Can't go wrong with www.duats.com

There are two duat sites, duat and duatS...

Duats is better, you can store profiles for up to ten aircraft at different power settings...And it will give a pretty decent route briefing for Hi and lo altitude flights...

Latest resources

Back