• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Interesting JB ALPA OC email

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
um...so..you're happy with your direct relationship there? Did your co-pay go up? You're right on track with CREWASS, are ya?

No...there is a faction of cheerleaders stumping for ALPA. One of the on going themes is taking back "control" of your career. My question is: What control?

Sure, it sounds good...but it's just an empty campaign slogan (figuratively speaking)

Weigh and explore ALL options available before going home with the easiest slut (ALPA) at the party

All due respect to the slut, but we tried to date the prom queen and she talked the talk all the way to the party. Once we got there she left us standing on the door step with promise in one hand and nothin in the other. I hate blue balls man.

ALPA may be a slut, but she's a well funded slut. A slut with organization that some of the other hoes didn't. Atleast I know I'm gonna get alittle taste of the goods after I work for it.

She's not gonna be perfect, but she'll do the job.

All analogys aside. In the position that we're in, how many times do you have to ask for something (anything) and be told we're working to fix it. Only to find out that it's not broken it's like that on purpose, and there is no intention to "fix" anything? Even a child knows that maybe means no!

Frankly with whatever ALPA's issues are we are ready to pay for the service they provide.

Last edited:
Well, if I had it my way, we would just start the card campaign tomorrow and see what the masses say! But that's just my opinion. I'm sure some of those involved will have differing opinions.

On with the opinion making!

You should have wished for a million bucks too man!! Good luck starting tomorrow!!

CD

Yes ALPA

All due respect to the slut, but we tried to date the prom queen and she talked the talk all the way to the party. Once we got there she left us standing on the door step with promise in one hand and nothin in the other. I hate blue balls man.

ALPA may be a slut, but she's a well funded slut. A slut with organization that some of the other hoes didn't. Atleast I know I'm gonna get alittle taste of the goods after I work for it.

All analogys aside. In the position that we're in, how many times do you have to ask for something (anything) and be told we're working to fix it. Only to find out that it's not broken it's like that on purpose, and there is no intention to "fix" anything? Even a child knows that maybe means no!

Frankly with whatever ALPA's issues are we are ready to pay for the service they provide.

This is the most insightful way of putting things that I've seen in many posts. Spot on!

That's just it...you don't know if you're "gonna get a taste of the goods" after you work for it. You, being an INFORMED member of the OC, should know this! But you'll go on espousing it to the uninformed, who'll take your word for it (because you're a smart, unbiased OC member). And if it doesn't come to fruition...the membership will come back to you wanting answers. And what'll you do? Blame it on the membership of course...

And the cycle will continue. In all your effort to help, you're actually sowing the seeds of discontent for ALPA at jB. Wake up!

That's just it...you don't know if you're "gonna get a taste of the goods" after you work for it. You, being an INFORMED member of the OC, should know this! But you'll go on espousing it to the uninformed, who'll take your word for it (because you're a smart, unbiased OC member). And if it doesn't come to fruition...the membership will come back to you wanting answers. And what'll you do? Blame it on the membership of course...

And the cycle will continue. In all your effort to help, you're actually sowing the seeds of discontent for ALPA at jB. Wake up!

Wide awake fella. I guess there are two schools of thought at work here. We both agree that the masses need to educate themselves on the situation. The end game we will disagree on forever. I'm glad you feel so strongly that the company will do whats right. The problem is there has been no fruition from the company with the current process. Your whole argument is "if" it doesnt come to fruition using ALPA? Time will tell if ALPA "gets us a taste" or not. One would argue: would you go to the store and buy rotten fruit? Unless this company turns south and heads for ch7 we're in a good position to negotiate.

The time has come to take a different road. I 'm sure there will be tough times ahead, the difference is we will have input in the direction. Currently we take what we get and are expected to be joyful. I for one choose to choose.

Last edited:
If it wasn't for unions including ALPA we would all be replaced by guys who would work for half the pay and no work rules that would eventually be replaced by chinos or whatever was the cheap flavor of the year was. The Jetblue crowd is paid based on the average union pilot wage, thus they benefit from the union everyone else has. ALPA has issues but unions are absoulutely necessary in the line of work.

Latest resources

Back