• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.

I.P. Freley

I like people food
Just to show that there are some who are PLEASED with the events of 9/11, I submit the following. Even though it's from rotten.com, it's not gory or sexually explicit... Just something to get your blood boiling.

That is most definately a doctored photo. Lighting/shadow issues, blurring around the edges and the simple fact that the "artists" are clothed in pants and long-sleeve shirts - clean and free of sand.

The "sand castle" was either created on a program or by some idiots (more than likely caucasian) for the express purpose of fostering hate.

Think before you jump.

Must be an old picture by now,

I think the Air Force spotted the site weeks ago...... And dropped a daisy cutter on it

ATL2CDG,

Think before you jump.

Since you have a french flag under your name, I must ask since the French just recently showed up in Afghanistan, do you think they thought a little too long before jumping?

That photo is ridiculous. The men are wearing turbans usually seen on Sikh's, not muslim fighters of the "holy war". The women on the left are wearing clothes of Indian style.

What is infuriating is that people aren't educated enough about other cultures to tell them apart.

Last edited:
>>>What is infuriating is that people aren't educated enough about other cultures to tell them apart.<<<

Actually, what's infuriating is your talking down from on high, suggesting that anyone off the street should be able to tell the difference between Sikhs and the Taliban. I defy you to tell the difference between a group of French people, for instance, and a group of Germans... I will leave the jokes to others on this one.

No, I can't tell the difference between Sikhs, Sunnis, Indians, and so on and so forth. That doesn't make me, or anyone else who can't, uneducated beyond the literal interpretation of the term... As in "don't know" vs "doesn't know and what an idiot." And I highly doubt you meant it to be taken literally, much more likely is that you meant it as a cut. You will note, since you are so educated, that I didn't make any additional comment beyond "infuriating," "blood boiling," and "some people are happy about what happened"... All of which is true, by the way. Somehow my comment AFTER the photo didn't make it in the post, which was to caution that it's not necessarily exactly what it appears to be, but I think that pretty much anyone could figure that out for themselves... Then again nothing is necessarily what it seems on the net, nor in any picture for that matter, because ANYTHING can be faked. To assume otherwise would be, well, "rediculous" (sic.).

Anyone who chooses to view the photo can come to their own conclusion, and we don't really need you to tell us anything more than what you perceive to be the facts. Editorializing about the lack of education of other posters isn't necessary or welcome.

>>>The "sand castle" was either created on a program or by some idiots (more than likely caucasian) for the express purpose of fostering hate. <<<

Wouldn't the very definition of "hate" that you allude to be the automatic assumption of certain character traits or beliefs simply on the basis of the color of someone's skin or mode of dress?? For instance, assuming that any (possibly) doctored photo that makes Muslims look bad would have been done by a Caucasian? Better watch out, YOUR bias is showing. Or, at least, think before you jump.

In case it needs to be said, which apparently it does because some people JUST DON'T GET IT, I didn't add that link to encourage anyone, especially Caucasians (who are apparently more prone to hate than others), to go out and whop a Muslim on the head. Jeez.

It sounds like someone woke up from their nap on the wrong side of the sofa.

If that's what you got from my post... Well I suggest you read it again.

I am glad to learn, from your example, that you can go back to your posts and edit them well after they have been posted. That's a cool feature. I'll keep this in mind in the future.

...and since the moderator, I presume, was responsible for removing the link to the picture that started this whole thing, you can just go look it up yourself at the site... If you're interested.

This IS an AVIATION web site. Isn't it? Perhaps it's just a political web site with an aviation related theme, sort of like a dress-up party.

Perhaps the moderator is right in removing material which is not pertinent to the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back