Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Nocturnal1

Master of the Cowbell
Does anyone have any information on flying for Clay Lacy Aviation, good or bad??? Thanks for your help.

I don't have specifics but some of the guys I used to instruct with are pilots over there, in both seats, and they like it a lot. Its a well respected operation and Clay is tough, but fair. Apparently, in order to be a captain, you have to pass one of "his" checkrides. But they do a lot of business....so its a fairly stable job. Lots of airplanes, including BBJ's I believe. Good luck....why not visit them at VNY?

-Neal

It's a very sound operation. I haven't heard any negatives but I'm sure there 's got to be some. Depending on time and experience you usually start out in the lear. They are very busy aircraft. After about a year you can expect an upgrade to captain. If you stick it out a while you can see yourself in a gulfsteam in 3-4 years. I 'm not sure of the pay although I 've heard it's competitive( whatever that means) and their equipment is well maintained. Overall it's not a bad place to hang your hat for a while waiting for an invite from the major's or stepping into a part 91 corporate position.

[Its a well respected operation and Clay is tough, but fair. Apparently, in order to be a captain, you have to pass one of "his" checkrides.

Hmmmmmmmmmm wonder what that checkride consists of....how to jump over picket lines or how to walk on your ALPA brother's.....look at lists that aren't suppose to exist....you might find a certain person's name predominantly on it.

Humblepilot said:
Hmmmmmmmmmm wonder what that checkride consists of....how to jump over picket lines or how to walk on your ALPA brother's.....look at lists that aren't suppose to exist....you might find a certain person's name predominantly on it.

Interesting.

I'll take a look.

NS

If United has an AOG part in SoCal and none of their flights will get the part there on time, my company gets the call because United's maintenance people will not put a part on Lacy's planes. Once we even got a call to SFO and when we got there a Lacy lear was at the FBO, turned away from United's maintenance area. List's are not needed with these people because they never forget.

Lists are Needed

Lists are needed because as new people come into aviation they need to understand who are the lowest life forms in aviation and what they did to their brothers and sisters.

Humble

***Censored*** is a SCAB!!! Like any SCAB, he will do whatever it takes to turn your back so that he can put a knife in it. The story of this SCABs ability to lie is entertaining, and illustrative of the lengths to which any SCAB will go to STEAL YOUR JOB!

When told he had to retire ***Censored*** stated that he had lied on his application, and that he was really two years younger. As proof, he provided a family bible with his "real" birthdate. SCABs are liars and scum who will stop at nothing to take the jobs of rEAL pilots and destroy lives and homes for their own selfish gain.

NEVER FORGET.

(Edited for liability, name deleted only)

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, lets be careful out there with the mud slinging.... we don't want to get our great Webmaster in a tub of hot water.....

Lets be careful to word things so the message gets across but yet we walk that fine line....

Thanks for understanding and thanks for participating in the Corporate Aviation Forum!

Good Luck!

Humble pilot, Sorry about the list's are not needed, what I was trying to say ( not too clearly) was that these people will never forget and it came out wrong.List's are also good keeper's of history.

Latest resources

Back