I'm a newhire too!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AWACoff

I just got hired as a full time bicycle mechanic. I got a sinking feeling in my stomach when I realized my compensation package was better than my job as a pilot. $10/hour to start...dealer cost on everything. Wages have gone up for bike mechanics since I did it years ago. Look out world! The best part is that it is M-F only so I'm free to fly jumpers on the weekend. Schweeeet.

So now the question is 'Will you go back to Air Whiskey when recalled?'. That's a pretty sweet deal :D

Minh
(With Tongue In Cheek ...)

Regional airline pay

You know, that's an extremely sad commentary on pilot pay. Not to take anything away from the importance of being a bike mechanic or any other non-aviation job, including paralegal, but to be paid more for fixing bikes than being responsible for paying passengers or freight and a multi-million dollar piece of sophisticated equipment is apalling.

I know people will say that second-year pay gets better, but as a new-hire you have the same responsibilities. Something is wrong with this picture.

Last edited:
Second year pay still sucks.. just not as hard.

I get to make the big seat jump next month and then I'll be able to start making a somewhat respectable wage.

Latest resources

Back