I'm a newhire too!

AWACoff

Total Time
I just got hired as a full time bicycle mechanic. I got a sinking feeling in my stomach when I realized my compensation package was better than my job as a pilot. $10/hour to start...dealer cost on everything. Wages have gone up for bike mechanics since I did it years ago. Look out world! The best part is that it is M-F only so I'm free to fly jumpers on the weekend. Schweeeet.

Snakum

How's your marmott?
Total Time
Little
So now the question is 'Will you go back to Air Whiskey when recalled?'. That's a pretty sweet deal :D

Minh
(With Tongue In Cheek ...)

bobbysamd

Total Time
Regional airline pay

You know, that's an extremely sad commentary on pilot pay. Not to take anything away from the importance of being a bike mechanic or any other non-aviation job, including paralegal, but to be paid more for fixing bikes than being responsible for paying passengers or freight and a multi-million dollar piece of sophisticated equipment is apalling.

I know people will say that second-year pay gets better, but as a new-hire you have the same responsibilities. Something is wrong with this picture.

Last edited:

chperplt

Total Time
Second year pay still sucks.. just not as hard.

I get to make the big seat jump next month and then I'll be able to start making a somewhat respectable wage.