Ifr Training

c172

Way to much fun
Total Time
noon
Not a frist time caller and a long member(figure that one out) I'm asking the pilots with mega hours to zero hour .If anyone of you out there had a hard time with IFR rating i'm geting it now but holy cow i was a littile intimidating at first! or is it just me? I think i have a awesome instructor !

maverick_fp00

Total Time
Hey man,

I'm in the process of getting my instrument right now - I'm almost complete. Before I started my instrument training I was told by people how it was the hardest rating to get, yet the most rewarding rating. In the beginning of the program I was overwhelmed with all the new stuff I had to learn. All I have to say is stay with it, and to answer your question, no, you're not alone!

Hope I helped

bobbysamd

Total Time
Instrument rating

No, sir, you are not alone. I struggled with my instrument rating. It took me a while to earn it and here's why. I took all my ratings from instructors who owned their own airplanes. I took all my BAI, radio navigation, approaches, everything, in the airplane. In fact, I never flew a sim until I got on with Riddle and was introduced to their AST-300s. Riddle instructors got free sim time. I practiced on the sims and I was amazed at how my skills improved.

Another obstacle I faced is I was working a horrible overnight shift for most of the years I was earning my ratings.

I could write a book on how NOT to train for the career.

In short, as the PIC ad says, the airplane is a terrible classroom. Ground trainer training is essential to instrument training. Also, as that ad, says you need a regular schedule. I am somewhat skeptical of total immersion, accelerated instrument courses, but having activities three to five days a week is not unreasonable at all.

Hope that helps.

FRDOG

Total Time
2000+
My instrument training was almost all actual in that I learned from sitting in the right seat and observing how it is done in the real world. This made my training much less intimidating because I knew what to filter out as excess information and what was essential to a real world flight and the checkride.
-dog

A1FlyBoy

Total Time
Enough
IFR Rating

The hardest check-ride is the one a person is undergoing training for. The IFR experience, was certainly overwhelming, foreign, and exciting.. all at the same time. Once you're IFR rated and have gotten into the system/weather over time through experience eyes are opened and the real fun begins!

c172

Way to much fun
Total Time
noon
THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK ALL OF YOU FOR HELP ;)