• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If you commute on SWA ....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you don't ride on us then why are you on this thread. I know swa treats us pilots sooo badly man oh man I need to find a new job.

Do you own this thread? Keep drinking the coolaid that will get you a great contract. You really don't get it do you?

No this is not about negotiations. There are people that are in one of the thousand VP positions that thought this would be a good idea. The people in the G.O. do not know what it is like on the line. Nor do they care. The jumpseat is the Captains and it has been taken away from him by some number cruncher in a small cube somewhere. I think that this might be a big uniter among the pilots...hopefully!

bravodude. Get over it man. This is the dawn of a new age at SWA. Won't be long it will be us vs. them. As of this very instant - I'm done. I know I should rise above, be the better man, kill 'em with kindness or any of that "other" crap they spew but they have pissed me off royaly with this one. I give these guys everything I've got while I'm at work and talk 'em up when I'm not at work.

Well - screw them. Until they lead by example and truly treat the employees like their "most valued customer" I'm done.

I'll board last but when my bag doesn't make it with me don't blame me.

"cheerfully",
Gup

I exchanged emails with the CP and the Dom rep....Neither the CP's or SWAPA was asked for imput on this issue. The Dom Rep said the union was looking into it and would have something out this week.....we will see

bravodude. Get over it man. This is the dawn of a new age at SWA. Won't be long it will be us vs. them. As of this very instant - I'm done. I know I should rise above, be the better man, kill 'em with kindness or any of that "other" crap they spew but they have pissed me off royaly with this one. I give these guys everything I've got while I'm at work and talk 'em up when I'm not at work.

Well - screw them. Until they lead by example and truly treat the employees like their "most valued customer" I'm done.

"cheerfully",
Gup

Finally somone who gets it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuppyWN

"cheerfully",
Gup

Finally somone who gets it.

Yea how to ******************** up a good thing

What happened to me today on SWA J/S

SWA guys. I want to start off by saying THANKS again for the J/S. Really really appreciate it---you guys have always been great.

Just a little report and follow-up to my last post. I J/S on 2 legs to get to work today. On both legs I asked the gate agent when they wanted me to board. They said what's printed on the boarding pass. OK. I then asked both (in different cities) how they wanted me to stay out of the flow when I was asking for the Capt's permission. Both told me that 1. Not only did I not need the Capt's permission but 2. THey requested that I specifially NOT go up there and ask to keep the flow going AND to get the message that the Capt didn't OWN the seats.

Remember this was from 2 different agents in 2 separate cities.

P.S. (I didn't argue with them, I just thanked them---but I didn't heed their instructions and DID ask permission from the Capt who, in fact, DOES control the J/S. -- however, on one leg, another guy who was offline J/S as well, never went up to ask the capt)

Last edited:
They hit it on the head "the Capt does not own the seats or the j/s" he may have say but it is what it is. Wake up boys SWA fangs are put to make money. It's a new deal so suck it up and quit crying

Latest resources

Back