• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ibt files for single carrier . Flexjet/flightoptions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The way I understand it is that you need 50% plus one of the votes cast.

So we will see who has a better get out the vote organization. There are probably lots of lazy pilots who don't care enough to vote so it will come down to who is more determined to vote.

My bet is that the union has stronger supportes who will cast a ballot.

Question I have is a non vote counted as a no vote or is it just not counted?

Last edited:
Not that it matters anymore but the way I understood it is IBT could have petitioned at any time, however assuming approval that would've triggered a vote for them, no union, or some other union. They definitely didn't have the support early on so their best option was to get us to vote them in, that's leaves nothing to chance. My point earlier is that by petitioning instead of continuing the card drive there is still a chance that enough people on both sides will vote no and send them packing. Now they only need more than 50% of the combined group to vote yes so they must feel they have at least that.

Is the end of this year a realistic estimate to get all this done? Somehow I don't think it is going to be easy!

You idiot. Every time I see your name next to a post I know I'm prolly about to read some serious bull********************. I hate saying it since we are obviously on the same side of not wanting a union or at least not sure if we do. Evry time you open your stupid mouth you make the rest of us not on the union cheerleading team seem more confusing than caitlin jenner.

Both pilots groups are relatively equal rocket scientist. They would have to have outstanding support on both sides to make the risk worth it or else would be cancelling each other out

no way FLOPS has over 75% with their ********************ty contract so it would have to mean the union knows for a fact FJ is close to 60 by themselves. They have the cards, so you figure it out dumbass. I'm worried thos tjong is locked up and you giving an excuse for complacency irritates me. It ducking does matter.

The NMB is the one who decides the election schedule not the union so your opinion about what seems realistic doesn't amount to a hill of ********************. Once they say yes there is a deadline of 2 months. Ken seems to be all for it so I doubt it will take them long to decide. 2 months from now is September. Do you want to waste that time arguing against the obvious that both sides have the majority of support or do you want to get to work actually getting answers before we commit our lives to years of potential hell based on either ********************ty choice?

with their ********************ty contract

You say it's sh@ty, however over the last year and half, nothing has changed for me and my working conditions at Options.

What has changed for? What promises did Ricci make you that he didn't keep? What about that bonus in your "Employment Agreement"? What about that 3% 401K? Etc....

Everything changes for you guys at a whim

Nothing changes for me, as you put it, because of my sh@ty contract.

You say it's sh@ty, however over the last year and half, nothing has changed for me and my working conditions at Options.

What has changed for? What promises did Ricci make you that he didn't keep? What about that bonus in your "Employment Agreement"? What about that 3% 401K? Etc....

Everything changes for you guys at a whim

Exactly nothing changes for you You stuck the same ********************ty pay for the last however many effing years?

You maybe right about the bonus 401 but I prolly make double what you're highest paid captain makes. If I get my spot on a red label make that triple. Now you're plan is to take away the only opportunity I have make up for my losses because red label points out what the crap sammwich your willing eat at FLOPS?

Can you guarantee me you're precious union won't cut my gravy train off and bring me down to the sub par salary you deal get?

Screw upgrades. Screw seniority. Im not one to be lured by a titles or extra work. I'll sit in a right seat of a POS beech for all I care. Show the money. Your ********************ty contract can't do that and now your trying to drag us down to your level. Now that you pulled this election shenanigans it's just 6 months sooner I end up on your payscale when we're forced into your contract. Thanks.

F@CK THAT. Why so many FJ pilots drank the union kool-aid is beyond me. For me the filing proves we're sealed to the union fats once and for all and 6 months quicker. I just hope we don't regret it now that we don't really have a choice.

No offense intended but your contract is what every pilot at FJ wants to avoid. Some are willing to trust the DAC minions, others give away their seniority, and still others hold out for a different union. Denial of the situation won't make this any better

I know it's difficult for some to understand, but at FJ the pilots make more money and have a better QOL because of flexible schedules while the company was more successful more than FlightOptions. I'm positive that FJ under Kenn's leadership will reverse all 3 of those facts as the good 'ol days are long over.

The sad fact is, that with your sh!ty contract life at FJ is going to suck, but life without the contract will see KR changing the rules on a daily basis and everyone's life will be even worse off.

Your ********************ty contract can't do that and now your trying to drag us down to your level. Now that you pulled this election shenanigans it's just 6 months sooner I end up on your payscale when we're forced into your contract. Thanks.

You will never be on the Flight Options pilots current CBA unless you quit Flex and get hired as a new FO pilot.

You might very well be on the new Joint CBA which will be negotiated in the future. If you are worried about a pay cut in the JCBA just vote NO. I don't know of any Flex pilot who would vote Yes for a pay cut in a new JCBA. Plus I can assure you that no Flight Options pilot will vote YES on a JCBA if the pay does not match your current pay.

So relax and enjoy the ride which is about to start.

No offense intended but your contract is what every pilot at FJ wants to avoid.

The sad fact is, that with your sh!ty contract life at FJ is going to suck, but life without the contract will see KR changing the rules on a daily basis and everyone's life will be even worse off.

Can you guarantee me you're precious union won't cut my gravy train off and bring me down to the sub par salary you deal get?

Your ********************ty contract can't do that and now your trying to drag us down to your level. Now that you pulled this election shenanigans it's just 6 months sooner I end up on your payscale when we're forced into your contract. Thanks.

And this is the problem, you guys get on here and think that you know everything there is to know about everything.
You yell and curse and try to throw your muscle around thinking you are all mighty.
When in reality you guys are nothing but a bunch of uniformed cry babies.

How many times has it been said that, nobody from FJ will fall under our contract.
A new contract covering all employees will be negotiated.

If I get my spot on a red label make that triple.

Also I make $126,400 a year, last I saw a Red Label G pilot makes $140,000 a year. So you can't even do math either.

Get informed or stop trying to act informed and yelling about false bs.

Last edited:
No offense intended but your contract is what every pilot at FJ wants to avoid. Some are willing to trust the DAC minions, others give away their seniority, and still others hold out for a different union. Denial of the situation won't make this any better

I know it's difficult for some to understand, but at FJ the pilots make more money and have a better QOL because of flexible schedules while the company was more successful more than FlightOptions. I'm positive that FJ under Kenn's leadership will reverse all 3 of those facts as the good 'ol days are long over.

Sorry, but sometimes you don't get to choose between good and bad, only between bad and worse. The task you have is figuring out which is which. I think most Options guys already know. I also think, if you step back and look objectively at words vs actions, you already know, too. That one side smiles and talks smooth as butter doesn't change the facts of what's happening. To quote the best Western ever, "Don't p!ss down my back and tell me it's raining."

Last edited:
Majority of the ballots cast wins.

Before it was a non vote counted as no but that changed a few years ago when some flight attendents had a vote. The NMB interpeted the rule as majority of ballots cast. That was a big change after 75 years and a win for labor.

Thanks Jet

Latest resources

Back