I voted today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Honorstudent

Well I voted today, not for just me and my families future but for the future of every Pilot at Onesky and the legacy I will leave behind when I retire in a few years. I Voted for continued representation by the IBT 1108 because that is the only way to continue to have a contract that means anything, I have worked for this management without a contract and conditions were not good. Hopefully we can all move forward after 2pm on May 30th with our contract in place.

I'm a little confused. I received my instructions to vote yesterday however the letter has my correct name but a completely wrong address I don't recognize. Pasted over the top of the window was an extra mailing label that had my correct name and address.

I guess it's no big deal since this was corrected but I'm a little concerned because my understanding is the company is the one who supplies the NMB with the names and addresses of the pilots for the mailing of the ballots. Fanatical attention to detail, right?

Was there a little bit of hinky game playing going on here? It was corrected in my case but what if there are others?

If the company were to win, it would cast doubt in the legitimacy of the vote in my opinion.

Even if it turns out to be a simple mistake with no vote consequences, it's just one more example of how the promise of how this company will be run does not match up to reality. The only thing that protects you when that happens is an enforceable contract.

I'm a little confused. I received my instructions to vote yesterday however the letter has my correct name but a completely wrong address I don't recognize. Pasted over the top of the window was an extra mailing label that had my correct name and address.

I guess it's no big deal since this was corrected but I'm a little concerned because my understanding is the company is the one who supplies the NMB with the names and addresses of the pilots for the mailing of the ballots. Fanatical attention to detail, right?

Was there a little bit of hinky game playing going on here? It was corrected in my case but what if there are others?

If the company were to win, it would cast doubt in the legitimacy of the vote in my opinion.

Even if it turns out to be a simple mistake with no vote consequences, it's just one more example of how the promise of how this company will be run does not match up to reality. The only thing that protects you when that happens is an enforceable contract.

Never attribute to malice that which can be plainly explained by stupidity.

Honestly, someone probably just slapped the wrong name and addy on there. We’ve all done it.

Actually, Dirty Beech, in his book "Confessions of A Union Buster" Martin Jay Levitt explains one of the go-to moves of the union buster is mess with the seniority list they are required by law to supply. He specifically mentions addresses not just supplying flat out wrong addresses but also moves like changing street to avenue etc on voters they know will be pro-union. They also perform moves like pulling pro-management pilots out of the office and onto the line (look at IRL and DRL).

I don't get a vote so I can't attest to whether or not this is a widespread problem but it does seem to match up, in theory, to the way union busting is done. However, in fairness it sounds like the NMB caught the issue before it became a problem and put the right addresses on the envelopes so I don't know that it will affect the outcome.

My question is how many times are they going to use the same 50 year tactics with such disregard for the intelligence of their own pilots? It almost makes guys like TP, FW, PD, MR, ME, MR, RA, LK etc who are pushing this decert for them seem even dumber than originally thought.

Well, if 150 guys have address problems then I’ll buy it. But I’m inclined to let it go if it’s 3 out of 571.

I voted with my feet, but clearly am watching the the results.

Word from another website there's dozens with this same issue so far and that's just those reporting it. Remember it's only been 4 days since the letters went out so expect more and more to report it's happened to them.

Sorry DB but your wish for a drama free explanation looks slim.

Word from another website there's dozens with this same issue so far and that's just those reporting it. Remember it's only been 4 days since the letters went out so expect more and more to report it's happened to them.

Sorry DB but your wish for a drama free explanation looks slim.

Then document the hell out of it and drag them before a judge.

Voting instructions and a confidential Access Code is mailed directly to your home at the address given to the NMB by the company. If you do not receive your Access Code by May 7, 2018, you may contact the NMB to request a duplicate Access Code. Your request must be in writing and signed by you. The request must be in an individual envelope. No group requests are accepted. Requests by telephone or facsimile are not accepted. Mail the request to: NMB, Offce of Legal Affairs, 1301 K Street, NW, Suite 250 East, Washington, DC 20005. No requests will be accepted after May 23, 2018. Be sure to include your correct mailing address in your request to the NMB.

- From the voteibt1108.org site

Latest resources

Back