• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I recommend Palwaukee Flyers!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is funny how this "Precious" poster had only five posts and decides to side with Jim out the blue... haha

Anyways, for wreckage
N11239 (Crashed in Buffalo Grove)
N6415X (the Frankeplane crashed at Lake in the Hills)
N5293M (Geared up at Lake in the Hills)
N1478Q (probably not reported, student destroyed an aileron on the ground at RFD and tried to fly it back, nice)
N6704L
N3841T

Some are the "bigger ones" that I can recall off the top of my head, I am sure there are many more.. And there are a lot of flat tires (Signature at PWK kept tabs on how many flat tires they had and the guy told said that they were called out to help out Flyers planes more then anything on the field)
A wheel sperating in two (the two hubs sperated) on a taxiway, airplane hitting hangers (maintenance guys, students, and instructor alike, haha)
And many many more! I just loved/love hearing stories about this place, oh and my sources are quite excellent

Anycase, yes Jim, your place is great to take lessons at, if you are a suicidal emo kid.

CB

Last edited:
It is funny how this "Precious" poster had only five posts and decides to side with Jim out the blue... haha

Anyways, for wreckage
N11239 (Crashed in Buffalo Grove)
N6415X (the Frankeplane crashed at Lake in the Hills)
N5293M (Geared up at Lake in the Hills)
N1478Q (probably not reported, student destroyed an aileron on the ground at RFD and tried to fly it back, nice)
N6704L
N3841T

Some are the "bigger ones" that I can recall off the top of my head, I am sure there are many more.. And there are a lot of flat tires (Signature at PWK kept tabs on how many flat tires they had and the guy told said that they were called out to help out Flyers planes more then anything on the field)
A wheel sperating in two (the two hubs sperated) on a taxiway, airplane hitting hangers (maintenance guys, students, and instructor alike, haha)
And many many more! I just loved/love hearing stories about this place, oh and my sources are quite excellent

Anycase, yes Jim, your place is great to take lessons at, if you are a suicidal emo kid.

CB
This was my favorite one, "Its ok I think I can fly it back". "Is it VFR yeah", "Instructors had to get him on a IFR flight plan". Or maybe TITO's crash in lake in the hills was better either or at Flyers there always was a good story to come along with every accident.

MOD INPUT:
Bravo sir. The "He started it" line is one of the funniest replys I have read in a while!!:beer:

Um yeah they are a great place.
Jim where do you plan on going when your building is demolished as part of the south east improvement program.

And N6704L did crash on landing at PWK, but I believe that they repaired it, even thought it was very bad. I do have pictures of most of the crashes.

Um yeah they are a great place.
Jim where do you plan on going when your building is demolished as part of the south east improvement program.

Palwaukee flyers will continue to thrive and grow despite the negative comments of a few former employees who could not handle a strict training environment. For anyone else who wants to grow as a pilot and aviation professional, Palwaukee flyers will always be there.

Did this place have a previous name back in the day? I used to work for a place in at PWK that went Tits Up. I don't remember this name, but I remember the place that was the Coex pipeline for a reason. The d-bags that hit the truck at Lake in the Hills, man that takes me back...

Palwaukee flyers will continue to thrive and grow despite the negative comments of a few former employees who could not handle a strict training environment. For anyone else who wants to grow as a pilot and aviation professional, Palwaukee flyers will always be there.

Yea you're right. It'll always be around. Just under another alias I guess....

I also think that the "strict training environment" comment beats "HE started it" hands down as the funniest post on flightinfo!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back