Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

328dude

Still turning two
Ok, been hearing that AA has stopped all jumpseats. AA will no longer accept offline OAL jumpseaters. Fact or Fiction.

Just trying to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks for any info given.

The latest is that AA is taking OAL j/s, but in the cabin only. Cockpit is for AA and AE only. Don't know about TWA.

For TWA only TWA pilots are allowed in the cockpit. It's not our rule; it's the FAA. Similarly TWA pilots aren't allowed in the cockpit on AA or AE. On TWA AA pilots have priority over all other OALs.

For future reference a universal pilot ID is in the works that should allow for the previous good times to be had again. But of course it'll take time...

I should add that the OAL (other airline) jumpseaters are allowed on AA only if they are on the "approved" list, which (I believe) are all of the Majors and most of the Nationals and Regionals. If you are denied the jumpseat by the gate agent, politely ask to see the Captain.

Of course that is the daily changing permanent policy as of : (Check your watch).

Just got a company email today - on AA, the priority is AA/TWA/AE in the jumpseat. On Eagle, it's AE/AA/TWA. Other airlines still not allowed in the JS, but in the cabin is ok.

Latest resources

Back